Bash Profile

I did # 1 then it will not let me type beneath it..... also don't know how to save..... HELP !!

In ~/.bash_profile, beneath the greeting you created, type

alias pd="pwd"

Save the file.

Press Enter to write the filename

Exit nano.

Clear the terminal window.

I'm not quite understanding why you can't type under the echo "Welcome, Jane Doe" that you typed in the previous exercise. Are you having trouble using the arrow keys to move to the next line?

You saved this same file in the previous exercise, can you say more about the trouble you are having saving this time?

I used the arrows and it let me type..... Now I can not figure this out... Here is a copy of what I've done so far:

echo "Welcome, Landen Lewis"
alias pd="pwd"

Save the file.

Press Enter to write the filename

Exit nano.

Clear the terminal window.

Did you get your checkmark for that step?

no checkmark for #2 portion of this......?????? HELP ME

At this point try these things, one at a time, to see if they have any effect. If one of them works, don't do the rest.

1. reload/refresh the webpage
  2. open the file again and save it
  3. use the Reset this Exercise option (under Get Help). It will put this exercise back to the beginning and you'll have to do it again.

I don't know what I did but I made it.... Thanks for all your help ! I am done coding for the evening.... Thanks again !

press "SHIFT + ~" in first option

All done!!!

I've tried all 3 of these options and still step 3 will not light up.

There must be something I'm missing here because I'm doing it just as the instructions say, the same way I did the previous exercise, and I've been through most of the help threads from this topic and yet still Step 3 isn't lighting up.

Any ideas?

If you post a screenshot or two of your whole web page - one in Nano and one after you've saved and exited, that might help us spot the problem.

A post was split to a new topic: I am stuck with this one 3/11