Badges! - Howto?

Hi there I’m trying to earn badges! I’m currently looking at how to get the “Read 100 posts” badge and I’m wondering if there is ANY topic with that many posts? I’ve looked up a few other topics, but noone reached 100posts :wink: Any tips? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay so now I have read a hundred topics under Javascript/Create your own adventure and I don’t have the badge, might it be bugged? :octopus:

3 Likes

@sralse I think Discourse hands out badges to everybody who’s earned one once every twenty four hours or so. If you wait until tomorrow afternoon, you should’ve gotten your badge by then :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okidoki :wink: Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Still no badge :’( …

2 Likes

I don’t think we are looking at the right #. We need to find a “a topic with more than 100 posts”. I’m not sure we have one of those here yet.

3 Likes

Yeah we have, go to JavaScript/Code your own adventure
Count the amount of topics starting by “inspect Elementing” the frst topic and the last, the ID’s are over a 100 diffrence… hus more as 100 topics… I’ve read all of them now… :confused:

2 Likes

I think that isn’t what this badge is counting. We need one topic that has 100+ posts.

3 Likes

That’s what I ment, take a look, and count the amount of posts.

2 Likes

JavaScript/Code your own adventure is a category.
Each thread in that category is a topic. This badge isn’t counting topics.
We want a topic with 100+ posts.

This is my opinion, I haven’t see the SQL command that is pulling the data for that badge.

3 Likes

Hmm I thought a post was in a topic, and a topic is in a category :confused:

2 Likes

If you go to the list of all topics: http://discuss.codecademy.com/latest
And sort it by Replies, I think that might be the number it is looking at.

3 Likes

But those are replies, not posts right?

2 Likes

They are replies, but I think that is another word for posts.

Categories have a “c” in their URL: http://discuss.codecademy.com/c/Meta

Topics have a “t” in their URL: Badges! - Howto?

Replies are Posts, they add an incremental integer to the end of the “t” URL that they live in: Badges! - Howto? - #9 by sralse

From [the Badges page][1]: “Read every post in a topic with more than 100 posts”.

To get the Reader badge we need to have a topic with 100+ posts in it. Our forums are new, and we don’t have a topic that meets that criteria yet.

Last night I went to another Discourse site, one that did have some topics with 100+ posts and read one of them … it took a while :smile: I don’t know if it can distinguish one just scrolling through them all quickly or does it look at the time it takes you, but I went slow just in case. When I went back to check today, I found that I had the Reader badge.
[1]: Codecademy Forums

4 Likes

Question. Do you know if the “Help Desk” badge is available? I’m not sure that I have 10 or more solutions, but I am sure at least one person does by now.

4 Likes

We have a topic with 100+ posts in it now … give it a read and then we’ll see if the badge kicks in.

3 Likes

We have 14 people with the Reader badge, Reader badge on Codecademy Forums, so we know that one is working.

3 Likes

This one doesn’t seem to be kicking in.

@alexcommunitymgr, are you able to see why this badge is not being awarded?

4 Likes

Go to the Introducing thingy :smiley:

3 Likes

It seems to be correct SQL?

SELECT id user_id, current_timestamp granted_at
FROM users
WHERE id  IN (
       SELECT p1.user_id 
       FROM post_custom_fields pc
       JOIN badge_posts p1 ON p1.id = pc.post_id
       JOIN topics t1 ON p1.topic_id = t1.id
       WHERE p1.user_id <> t1.user_id AND 
                    name = 'is_accepted_answer' AND 
            p1.user_id IN (
                   SELECT user_id 
                   FROM posts 
                   WHERE :backfill OR  p1.id IN (:post_ids)
            ) 
        GROUP BY p1.user_id
        HAVING COUNT(*) > 9
)
3 Likes