Ask an Instructor: Jumpstart Your Career in Tech

Unfortunately, many internships are targeted specifically at college students, especially companies that go to campuses to recruit.

That said, usually job postings don’t state that applicants must be college students and are free game to apply to! So while they might primarily target college students, they’re not excluding other applicants.

When students are applying for internships in college, they often list relevant courses on our resumes (ex. Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Architecture). This is something you could emulate with coursework you’ve take online!

1 Like

Alot of big companies are laying off their staff, is it gonna impact the chances of getting internships for CS undergrad students? If I am not able to secure a good internship, are there any other options/ways that I can work on that will eventually help me secure a job after my degree?

And that’s a wrap, folks!

A huge thank you to everyone who dropped by with so many questions. Be sure to subscribe to our official HQ Chapter to stay on top of upcoming events and future AMAs.

3 Likes