Architecture Blog Project Help

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-css/projects/grid-architecture

Not sure if I’m linking properly, but this project had to do with grids and overlapping elements in grids. I finished the project and then watched the project walkthrough video only to discover that you can actually see grid lines using something Matt called the inspector. What is this and how do I use it? Being able to actually see grid lines would have been super useful in this project. I’m nearly through the entire CSS course and this is my first time even hearing about it.

Thanks in advance!

i don’t know what you are talking about yet (i’m starting the project), but one way to see every box in your page is to add this to your CSS file:

* {
border: 1px solid red;
}

the * means “everything” in the file.
Hope this helps!

I believe the video is using the inspect mode in Chrome. Codecademy does not specifically tell this function and I only found it while using the dev tool as I was studying grid.

Cmd + Shift + C or Control + Shift + C is the short cut then hover your mouse over an element to see the grid.

Hope this helps and I am going to check this article out to get a better understanding.