Apr 21 - Help! Unable to load readr, dplyr, ggplot2 - DATA VISUALIZATION IN R

Hi everyone,

I am on lesson DATA VISUALIZATION IN R, Visualizing Carbon Dioxide Levels

I was trying to load the 3 libraries with the following code

library(readr)

library(dplyr)

library(ggplot2)

However, the following error messages came back.

Error: package or namespace load failed for 'readr' in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 namespace 'rlang' 0.4.7 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.10 is required

What should I do?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the lesson itself?
Edit: nvm think I found it- https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-r/projects/carbon-dioxide-levels-over-millenia

I think you need to update the rlang library.
Quit all R processes, restart R and try to install those R libraries again.

I found this, which might be helpful.

I tried installing ah update but the cc environment didn’t seem to be having it :slightly_frowning_face:(but that might be an issue with my knowledge of R as much as anything else).

Admittedly…I don’t know R either. :grimacing: But, I just tried loading the csv file and got the same library errors.
I wonder if this is a bug…?

I think this is a bug. I will report it now.

1 Like

I have the same issue!

Yep, it’s a bug. I reported the issue.
(Scroll up)

1 Like

Just wanted to say I’m getting the same error:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘readr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):

Googling around there seem to be a few fixes but nothing I can do on my lessons. Thanks for reporting it!

I got the same error yesterday and today, but with the mutate and transmute columns modules.
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘readr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
I reported it as a bug, also.

I am getting the same error:

I am learning “Leanr R: Data Cleaning in R”. The error is appearing in all exercises of this lesson. Dunno what to do about it.

At the moment I think you’ll just have to wait for a fix, I’m unaware of any simple workaround. Which lessons are also affected, mind adding a link and hopefully they can all be done together.

@tiagocore Yes, everyone will get the error b/c there’s a bug in the backend code in the module.
It’s nothing that the end user can fix.

I reported it yesterday and will report back here when I get an update. Please be patient.

1 Like

Update:

Did everyone see the notification on their dashboard?

“Unfortunately, due to a recent update, many of our R lessons were broken for the past few days. We sincerely apologize and have hopefully resolved this issue, but please let us know if you encounter further problems.”

1 Like

hey,

i got the same error while i was exercising on ‘Inner Join ll’:

how to deal with this now?

thanks!