Apr 21 - Help! Unable to load readr, dplyr, ggplot2 - DATA VISUALIZATION IN R

Hi everyone,

I am on lesson DATA VISUALIZATION IN R, Visualizing Carbon Dioxide Levels

I was trying to load the 3 libraries with the following code

library(readr)

library(dplyr)

library(ggplot2)

However, the following error messages came back.

Error: package or namespace load failed for 'readr' in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 namespace 'rlang' 0.4.7 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.10 is required

What should I do?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Do you have a link to the lesson itself?
Edit: nvm think I found it- https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-r/projects/carbon-dioxide-levels-over-millenia

I think you need to update the rlang library.
Quit all R processes, restart R and try to install those R libraries again.

I found this, which might be helpful.

I tried installing ah update but the cc environment didn’t seem to be having it :slightly_frowning_face:(but that might be an issue with my knowledge of R as much as anything else).

Admittedly…I don’t know R either. :grimacing: But, I just tried loading the csv file and got the same library errors.
I wonder if this is a bug…?

I think this is a bug. I will report it now.

1 Like

I have the same issue!

Yep, it’s a bug. I reported the issue.
(Scroll up)

1 Like

Just wanted to say I’m getting the same error:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘readr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):

Googling around there seem to be a few fixes but nothing I can do on my lessons. Thanks for reporting it!

I got the same error yesterday and today, but with the mutate and transmute columns modules.
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘readr’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
I reported it as a bug, also.

I am getting the same error:

I am learning “Leanr R: Data Cleaning in R”. The error is appearing in all exercises of this lesson. Dunno what to do about it.

At the moment I think you’ll just have to wait for a fix, I’m unaware of any simple workaround. Which lessons are also affected, mind adding a link and hopefully they can all be done together.

@tiagocore Yes, everyone will get the error b/c there’s a bug in the backend code in the module.
It’s nothing that the end user can fix.

I reported it yesterday and will report back here when I get an update. Please be patient.

1 Like

Update:

Did everyone see the notification on their dashboard?

“Unfortunately, due to a recent update, many of our R lessons were broken for the past few days. We sincerely apologize and have hopefully resolved this issue, but please let us know if you encounter further problems.”

1 Like

hey,

i got the same error while i was exercising on ‘Inner Join ll’:

how to deal with this now?

thanks!

Hello Sir
This issue is still unresolved.
I get the very same error for any exercise I try in R.
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-r/projects/r-data-cleaning-us-census

Error: package or namespace load failed for 'readr' in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 namespace 'rlang' 0.4.7 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.10 is required

Please advise.

hi everyone! i can attest to the issue popping up again. am encountering the same error with the rlang version when importing dplyr and readr the project in Learn R: Data Frames in the Learn R course. issue started occurring only today; I’d been working on this project yesterday without any problems.

hoping that someone’s checking this already, as I understand from the earlier occurrence that there unfortunately is no fix on the end-user side.

please check :slight_smile: thank you!

1 Like

I have found a partial workaround, if you run the code, get the error and then use the “view solution” option to replace your code with the solution you can continue to the next lesson. Not ideal obviously but you can at least continue working on it.

Uugh, okay. Thanks for the heads up.
One of us will report the bug internally.

Update: I reported it. Hopefully it will get resolved soon enough.

2 Likes

Same thing in Life Expectancy By Country project in the Learn R: Quartiles, Quantiles, and Interquartile Range

Yes, it’s been reported. All lessons/projects that share the same code (in the backend) are affected.

4 Likes