Appointment Planner Starting Issues

Hi,

I’m trying to start the challenge project Appointment Planner, but I can’t start it. After typing npm install and then npm start I keep getting an error. Can anyone please help? Here’s the error:

> [email protected] start
> react-scripts start

node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:535
      throw e;
      ^

Error [ERR_PACKAGE_PATH_NOT_EXPORTED]: Package subpath './lib/tokenize' is not defined by "exports" in /Users/vassiliosekoutsidis/Documents/Coding/Codecademy Projects/04 React/07-appointment-planner/react_challenge_start/node_modules/postcss-safe-parser/node_modules/postcss/package.json
    at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:393:5)
    at throwExportsNotFound (node:internal/modules/esm/resolve:358:9)
    at packageExportsResolve (node:internal/modules/esm/resolve:668:3)
    at resolveExports (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:529:36)
    at Module._findPath (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:569:31)
    at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:27)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:841:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1061:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:103:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/vassiliosekoutsidis/Documents/Coding/Codecademy Projects/04 React/07-appointment-planner/react_challenge_start/node_modules/postcss-safe-parser/lib/safe-parser.js:1:17) {
  code: 'ERR_PACKAGE_PATH_NOT_EXPORTED'
}

Node.js v18.12.1
vassiliosekoutsidis@MBPvonVassilios react_challenge_start % 

Hi there! I wasn’t able to reproduce your issue in my local environment, but I suspect that your problem may stem from an issue with your package manager or the version of Node you are working with. Here are some suggestions for what you can try to continue troubleshooting:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of Node.js and npm installed.
  2. Try uninstalling Node.js and reinstalling the latest version using the Node version manager, nvm.
  3. Remove your ./node_modules folder and your package-lock.json and yarn.lock files, and reinstall all the dependencies with npm install. (If you uninstalled Node.js make sure you’ve reinstalled it before this step.)

I hope this helps! Please update us if you find a solution that works for you!

2 Likes

Thanks melaniepwilliams! I tried to uninstall (not sure I did though) and installing again the newest version of node. That helped! The project is running now.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.