Anyone struggling with Javascript?

Hi, i just would like to know if anyone else is on the same boat and are finding it hard to get javascript nailed down? I spent days constantly at it and dont seem to be getting anywhere and just go blank. Has anyone had any similar issues or any tips they found that helped them etc. Its like when i go to start coding javascript, i just go blank.

What are you talking about and can I have a link to the lesson

1 Like

Hey! You are not alone. I’m still quite new to javascript, I have almost completed Javascript Syntax Part I and i’m still so terrible at putting the code together and just remembering small things. Like I understand the lessons well but when it comes to doing the projects I often find myself having to rely on the little cheats. It’s like my brain cannot do critical thinking on its own. I enjoy coding though. Some times if I don’t understand something I leave it, then come back, if I still don’t understand I leave it again then come back to it when it’s much easier for me to understand. But struggling in coding is normal for everyone. We eventually get there in there in the end.

1 Like

Nice to know im not alone. Does anyone wanna join a group on discord in relation to the course? We can see if we can help one another out. Maybe one person could be better at one thing compared to someone else and have some tips. I feel looking at the screen constantly gets a bit tedious and speaking to someone could break it down into easy to understand terms.

1 Like

Yes! I was thinking of that too, that would be brilliant! I don’t mind joining a group on discord. That would be nice if we can help each other out. Let me know if you create a group and i’ll join

Hey, only getting around to creating a discord server now. Heres the link for anyone who wants to join. :slight_smile: Javascript Group Server

I’ve been in the web development career path for over a year and nearing 50% completion. Albeit i haven’t been entirely consistent there were some weeks where i missed days at a time. That’s expected though when you’ve also got things to worry about outside of the computer and bills to pay. That being said I’ve found that even when i can’t sit down at my desk to spend a couple hours coding, I find reprieve in watching a JavaScript centric video on youtube or some other platform. Just to keep it going through my head on the off days.

JavaScript is freaking hard dude! I’m confident with HTML and CSS, but the JavaScript is gnarley. Especially when you start crossing over from just JS code to pulling things from an HTML file so that a website can respond to clicks or mouse movements etc. I also have the Codecademy app on my phone and i use that from time to time to refresh my memory with reviews and quizzes. Nothing is going to compare to real work experience of it all I’m sure but doing projects on the side is also a great way to practice what you’re learning. Here’s a peek at something I’m doing on the side to nurture the skills I’ve learned. A website for my gamer handle xD

I like the gamer handle. Yeh weirdly enough, thats what ive been doing recently too. Ill get fed up and go away somewhere and then im sitting at someones kitchen table watching javascript videos and when im lying in bed at night, i start using the codecademy app aswell as youtube tutorials. I tend to get stuck at something and instead of wasting too much time on it, i go onto something else so i dont lose interest. Im currently doing the php part of the course atm.

Also how long did it take you roughly to get to 50% completion. Just so i can see if im on track or falling behind. Im currently at 40% on the full stack course.