Anyone experiencing an issue with the code editor not loading?

Hi @fgambinoc, thanks for reporting this issue here in the forums. We’re very sorry for the interruption. I’m here to let you know that the team is aware and working on the issue right now. Thank you for your patience with us.

EDIT: I’ll continue to keep this post updated with status.

7 Likes

Looks like it’s down guys. Usually they get this up and running quickly.

3 Likes

This is happening for me as well. It tries to connect, can’t, and then loses connection.

1 Like

I cannot connect to the labs at all either just says lost connection.

1 Like

Update: Problem was resolved for about an hour and now it’s broken again. Won’t connect and losing connection.

1 Like

Just happened for me. Servers down or what? feelsbadman

1 Like

Servers are probably having issues today

1 Like

Experiencing this problem right now; checked the dev tools/network tab - there are lots of 304 errors

3 Likes

Also unable to connect to Codecademy servers for practice problems. Website loads fine, no luck on the editor. Should we open a new thread since last reports were a week ago?

• Tried this on both the c++ and javascript.
  • Running on Chrome from mid-atlantic region
  • Already tried clearing history/cache
4 Likes

same issue here :frowning:

(don’t see the need for a new thread - this is recent, and not closed)

3 Likes

It seems like this is starting to happen every other day now. This outage seems to be lasting longer than the previous ones I have encountered. Super frustrating.

2 Likes

Seems to be back at my end… we’ll see how long it lasts ??

agree, it’s quite annoying - especially if you only have a short amount of time each day to study.
Still, these things happen, and they seem to be fairly on-the-ball at getting things back up and running quickly

1 Like

Just got connection back myself!

4 Likes

every now and then their servers have issues which brings all learning to a complete halt. it’s a server side issue not usually local on your machine.

1 Like

Hi all, thanks for your patience with us during these blips. We heard from the PM on overseeing this today that they believe they’ve got a handle on the root cause of these now, so we should be good. But, in the unfortunate case that this does happen again, you’re doing the right thing by letting us know in the Forums. After doing a quick refresh of your browser you’re still seeing connection issues, coming here to alert us is a great way to tip us off to a widespread issue.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Still having issues. Also posted this to the Codecademy twitter page where a message was posted two week ago about it.

1 Like

The editor is down again.
Update: 4:25pm EST - editor is back up!

1 Like

Is it down at the moment? I’m completely new to code academy and when I hit ‘Run’ on my first assignment, nothing happens.

I am experiencing this issues. Was this ever resolved?

My issue is on this page
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-python-3/articles/python-code-challenges-functions

Connecting to Codecademy…
The learn section loads but not the editor.
Is there any good and free Java course alternative?
Thank you!