Any way to download scripts for study?

Hey all! I have been really enjoying codeacademy but would love to be able to keep the scripts we work on locally so I can look for how I did things wihtout firing up codecademy and finding which session had the code. Is there any way to keep local copies of the stuff we do in order? Without just copy and pasting into a text file…

Hello @bit1332496230, welcome to the forums! If you have a text-editor (like Sublime, Atom, etc), you can copy code into those, and they will save the code as the correct file type. If you don’t have them, but want to, they are quite easy to download and install. Alternatively, you could create an account with an online platform like repl-where, if you’ve created an account, you should be able to copy/paste or write code, then run it later.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Most of the code you work on will have a Share Code button at the bottom that will let you generate a GitHub Gist link that then lets you easily save the files in a batch or individually. The GitHub Gist will include any files you currently have open in the exercise.

For example, if I wanted to save all of these files in the exercise:

I’d click the Share Code button at the bottom:

Copy the GitHub Gist link that appears and open it in another tab:

Then click the Download ZIP button if it was multiple files:

3 Likes

Oh, cool, thanks @selectall . When I randomly opened a gist it seemed to only be that one script. I’ll poke around a bit to see if it was just that lesson or if I’m doing something off.

@codeneutrino, Thanks for the suggestion. I get that I could copy into atom etc. but I have done the whole data sci thing and don’t now want to go through one by one, and was not consciencious enough to save each one at the time :no_mouth:

1 Like