Android Studio: Enable VT-x in your BIOS security settings

I am doing the Build basic Android app with Java. Now I am going to build the first android app in Android Studio.

When I open the AVD manager I have a message: VT-x is disabled in BIOS

When I try to do the emulation part I get this error:

So I need a babystep-by-babystep explanation of what to do as I have never ever done ANY changes in BIO - I didn’t know something like that existed…

Thank you

BIOS is firmware used to perform hardware initialization during the booting process

so, yea, BIOS is pretty low level stuff. Given BIOS might vary between different devices, you would need to google how to enable VT-x for your specific computer/laptop model.

1 Like

Well, yes … but that’s kind of no-answer. I still don’t know what to google or what to look for

possible search query: bios <laptop-model> enable vtx

The thing with programming is that it involves a lot of figuring.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:
I managede to find my computermodel and then find a guidence of how to change.

But … I found oud that my CPU don’t support this virtuel stuff :cry:

So my next quastion - is it possible to do the Android path developing all directly on my mobile? IE connect laptop and mobile and then go on?

nice job of figuring this out :slight_smile: shame that your device does not support this

If you have an android phone, you can connect your android phone through usb and android studio will recognize your phone. allowing you to build the app, and run the app on your android device

careful though, there are two types of usb cables: charging only cables, and cables which (besides charging) also support data transfer. You need the latter.

Thanks, I have the right cable so I will just do that for a while.

And … I think I will ask Santa for a new laptop for christmas :wink:

1 Like

best solution for the time being :slight_smile:

I hope for you Santa has deep pockets haha.

1 Like