Analyse Data with SQL - Marketing Attribution - CoolTShirts

Hi everyone :wave:,

Here is the link to my CoolTShirts presentation: SQL_Marketing Attribution_CoolTShirts.pptx - Google Drive

If you could please share with me your comments on my:

1. Code/queries: Are they correct? Can they be made better?
  2. Answers/conclusions: Are they correct?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :hugs: :call_me_hand:

I have reviewed your presentation. The code/query is well written and you have followed the style guide. The conclusions are correct. A point of observation is since this in the SkillPath for Analyzing Date, it would add value to provide analysis even in first and last touch attributions.

Can you please have a look at my slides and provide your feedback. Thanks in advance!

Hi Harsha,

Apologies for my late reply. First, thank you for reviewing my work and I agree with your comment, I should have provided more analysis and will remember it for next time.

Second, here is my review of your work based on the matrix:
1. Report: 4

2. Query accuracy: 3

• Q3: Add column for ā€œutm_sourceā€
  • Q4: Add column for ā€œutm_sourceā€
  • Q5: Line 33, it gives the correct results however, for better accuracy I used instead " WHERE page_name = ā€˜4 - user purchaseā€™ "
  • Q6: Add column for ā€œutm_sourceā€
  • Q6: Line 25, remove ā€œpv.page_nameā€ as it is obsolete
  • Q6: Line 31, it gives the correct results however, it is quicker to replace ā€œlt_attr.user_idā€ with ā€œ*ā€
  • Q6: The query result is incorrect for Weekly Newsletter, Retargeting Ad, and Retargeting Champaign. The ā€œpurchasesā€ should be 153, 113, and 54, respectively. I believe the mistake lies in:
    ā€“ Delete line 33. Instead add as a new line 19 after ā€œFROMā€¦ā€ as " WHERE page_name = ā€˜4 - purchaseā€™ "

3. Query formatting: 3

• Q1: Add an empty line between the 3 queries
  • Q1: Line 5, move ā€œutm_sourceā€ to a new line
  • Q3: Line 4, change ā€œasā€ to ā€œASā€
  • Q3: Line 17, create an alias e.g. ā€œCOUNT(*) AS num_ft_attrā€
  • Q4: Line 17, change ā€œasā€ to ā€œASā€
  • Q4: Line 20, move up to the end of line 19
  • Q4: Line 30, move up to the end of line 29
  • Q4: Line 32, create an alias e.g. ā€œCOUNT(*) AS num_lt_attrā€
  • Q5: Line 5, change ā€œcountā€ to capital letters
  • Q6: Line 17, change ā€œasā€ to ā€œASā€
  • Q6: Line 20, move up to the end of line 19
  • Q6: Line 30, move up to the end of line 29
  • Q6: Line 31, change ā€œcountā€ to capital letters
  • Q6: Line 31, create an alias e.g. ā€œCOUNT(*) AS num_lt_attrā€. It looks strange because in the query results output, the column is named ā€œpurchasesā€ however, the alias ā€œpurchasesā€ does not come from the code. Did you hard code the column name in the output?
  • Q6: Line 31, move ā€œCOUNT(*) AS num_lt_attrā€ to a new line

4. Understanding underlying concepts and terminology: 4

Hope this helps and let me know if something is not clear.

Thx // GG

HI, for some reason Iā€™m having trouble uploading my Cool TShirts power point presentation.

It says ā€œSorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorizedā€. Any tips would be appreciated!

Where are you trying to upload the file?

I was trying to upload it right here. Thereā€™s an upload tab.

Looks like it needed to be uploaded to google docs.

It would be great to get some feedback on this project. I still need to figure out how to create charts and graphs for projects.

1 Like

If anyone has a free couple of minutes to critique this Cool T-Shirts project, that would be awesome, please!

Congrats on completing the project! :partying_face:

A few thoughts:

• You have a solid understanding of how to get the info you need using SQL.

• I like the TOC slide that clearly describes what youā€™ll be focusing on w/the project.

• On the slides that have the SQL query results, maybe present the information as bullet points and put all your SQL queries in an appendix at the end of the presentation.
    I say this for two reasons:
    1.) less is more when presenting information and,
    2.) it depends on who your audience isā€“are they tech savvy or not technical at all? If theyā€™re not tech savvy, then the SQL queries kind of clutter up those particular slides. This way, if someone is interested in the methods you used to get the results you can point them to the appendix.

• On slide 11 when you describe the typical user journey use bullet points to emphasize your findings. If information is presented that way people can easily ascertain what you mean, rather than having to read paragraphs itā€™s usually a better way to go.
    Same goes for the last slide when you make your recommendations on which campaigns to re-invest in.

Good work!

Thank you for your time. I appreciate your feedback!

2 Likes

Hello All,
This is my first project posted on codecademy and i am looking for some feedback. I do not have the cleanest code, but as far as the analysis is concerned, I am looking for feedback on how to ā€˜tell the storyā€™ better.
any feed back would be appreciated. the link should work.

I think you tell the story pretty clearly. I would just have less info on each slide, so anyone youā€™re presenting to can focus on the results of each data question that you had.

• Perhaps for each slide you could have your data questions at the top, and then answer them with your findings as bullet points(?) You can have a few slides at the end of the presentation with all your SQL queries, rather than clutter up the space on each slide.

• Sum up your findings as bullet points rather than paragraphs.