An underline is obliterating everything in front of it! How can I stop this?

Here I am on Changing font sizes and font families. For some reason I am getting a little white underline when I try to add the code for the exercise. It is appearing underneath (for example) the > in <li>. It then overtypes everything else. I can't get rid of it and I don't get the normal vertical bar that you get when you type to indicate your position on the page. I checked out the insert key on my keyboard as I know that that can cause this overtyping but it is working correctly in an office document. I even turned it on and off whilst writing a doc just to check - and finished with it off. I had hoped that the paste below would show it up, but it doesn't. Any ideas?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<title>Loving the font changes</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<h1 style="font-family: Arial">Big title</h1>
		 <ol>
		 	<li>This item is big Arial.</li>
		 	<li>This item is medium Verdana.</li>
		 	<li>This item is small Impact.</li>
		 </ol>
	</body>
</html>

Okay, I reloaded the page and it all appears to be working correctly now - I hope. I still don't understand the glitch and why it happened though so if anyone wants to give me some info about it, it'd be welcome!:slightly_smiling:

Most likely a glitch.Something to make you help get your code visible next time

for next time, use one of the two following options to make your code/indent is visible:

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

Thanks. I'd often wondered what that back tick key was for!

In some programming language you can use it, i don't know if you did the command line course here on codecademy, in bash (the shell taught in that course) you could use the back tick to invoke a sub shell. I am sure it has more uses.