All CSS and HTML correct (passed lesson)... But Can't see the button. It isnt working in internet explorer or google chrome

For whatever reason, even though I have done all of the lesson correctly, I cannot physically see thebutton I created. Actually, I can see the text but I cant see the button image. It disappeared after I added the border in one of the previous steps.

I'm not sure what could be causing this? I tested the html and CSS in a document as well, and it didnt appear then either. Is my PC missing something?

Can i see your code? To check you are missing something?

Sure! Thank's for your reply. The course has passed me, so I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with it.

We're Codecademy! We're here to help you learn to code.

<div>
	<a href="https://www.facebook.com"> Facebook </a>
	</div>
</body>

img {
display: block;
height: 100px;
width: 300px;
margin: auto;
}

p {
text-align: center;
font-family: Garamond, serif;
font-size: 18px;
}

/*Start adding your CSS below!*/

div {
height: 50px;
width: 120px;
border-color: #6495ED;
background-color: #BCD2EE
border-style: dotted;
border-radius: 5px;
margin: auto;
text-align: center;

}

a {
text-decoration: none;
color: blue;
font-family: Courier;
}

you are missing a semi-colon after background-color: #BCD2EE, which if i add the semi-colon, it looks pretty good, what do you think?

OH HEY! haha. Thankyou so much!
I guess the system cant catch everything :wink: lol. I was so confused why it said I was correct, even though I couldn't see anything. I'll make sure to check for that next time!

No, SCT (submission correctness test) doesn't catch everything, which is a curse and a blessing at the same time. You will learn to debug, but it can be frustrating as well

I really enjoy it so far. I start going to school for design & development on the 4th of january. It amazes me how tiny things can make such big problems haha, but i love puzzles.

:smile: How can I get the text to be centered in my beautiful new button? <3

nice you enjoy programming. I really recommend to read this, that should answer your question