I’ve completed these courses in 8 months:
Welcome To Codecademy
Learn Python 3
Learn Linear Data Structures
Learn Recursion with Python
Learn Complex Data Structures
Learn Intermediate Python 3
Learn Sorting Algorithms with Python

I’m probably not ready to learn a new language like C# since I still have basic knowledge in Python.
Do you think I should do more courses?
Should I just form my knowledge and also learn another language?
Should I continue with Python and for how many months do you reccomend?
Should I leave Codecademy?
It’s also helpful to know the fields of programming(eg. Computer Science, Software Development, Game Development, etc.) so I can choose which one.
Should have go and try each of the fields so I can choose which one I want.
The problem is if I choose some kinds of fields I might never use Python ever again when I start.
I might like fields that you create graphics.
What if there was such thing as doing 3 fields like Web Development, Game Development, Software Development and Cybersecurity at the same time. Does that sound crazy or possible. What if I wanted to do 2 fields?
What about making GUI(Graphical User Interface)?

You won’t know what steps to take next until you put yourself out there. Talk to people. What do they need that you are now equipped to provide, or at least give a hand with? We don’t advise learners. We only coach and provide learning support. What you do will be according to your wishes. So…

1 Like

I think I would like a list of programming fields.

Google it. We don’t know you from Adam. How can we suggest anything?

After eight months and all the courses you have completed the wheels must be turning by now. What interests you?

Something that you would create graphics and that uses Python in some way.

Have you explored JS and the CANVAS element in HTML?

There is a P5.js course available.

IDLE has a graphics module. What’s it called? Turtle?

In the 8 months I wanted to learn more and get the fundamentals of Python. But I’m not that sure if I can learn another language.

I knew turtle because I borrowed a Python book from a library. But maybe not P5.js and not making websites.

Then explore the graphics module in IDLE. (It’s free and comes with the Python install from python.org).

To incorporate it into an app, you will need Flask, or something or that nature to implement the HTML interface. No matter the language, we need that interface.

What graphics module? Aren’t there a lot?

Can’t say. I’m not a graphics informed learner. Turtle is all I know of in the Python world, and I haven’t used it in years.

Sooner or later it will be up to you to thread together what interests you most and what you will spend your time studying and doing.

Let me search it up. What about I chose what field off programming I want.

Probably right now, it’s time to.

1 Like

You’ve already stated that Python is your language of choice. What are you capable of today, and what can you continue to learn from? There is no end to the possibilities. Pick one, and commit to it.

Right now what I should do is to go through the Python Courses and see if there is any and after that I should try to make projects myself.

Talk to people. What do they need? Find a way to make your skills facilitate that need and you’ll be set.

As for going through the courses, that too is advisable since review and practice are crucial to learning and being able to take command, so to speak.

I am going to do my 8th course(4 hours):
How to Implement Search Algorithms with Python
Then this course(a massive 40 hours; I’ve actually 30% even though I haven’t even went into that course because some of the course content is the same as some other courses):
Learn Data Structures and Algorithms

None of those courses is going to be an asset in the future if you cannot decide what it is YOU want to do. Learning does not create us. We create us and are driven by our interests and ambitions. What are yours?

Focus on that. We don’t have the insight and introspection in that regard. Only you do.

This kind of thing:

Then this:
C(not actually C(programming language) but C with an character at the end)

If you want to get into graphics, then one would guess you found your start. You’ll need everything you know, but it shouldn’t be over your head, given the progress you’ve made. Give 'er!

I’m now fine but I spotted something irrelevant to this conversation:

I’ve never used it before because I knew it so I found this:

I found this:

4. GIVE’R OR GIV’N’ER (PRONOUNCED: GIV-EN-ER)

To give it all you’ve got, to go above and beyond what was expected, or to go really, really fast. The word seems to be found in central and western regions of Canada such as Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. The term was also popularized in the 2002 move Fubar , which was set in Alberta:

Farrel Mitchener: “Can you maybe explain given’r? What exactly does that mean?”
Dean Murdoch: “Give’r. You just go out and you give’r. You keep working hard.”
I think I might guess something about you.
Canadian.