Advice for beginner?

Hi all. I just wanted to quickly ask if it’s normal to feel overwhelmed with the information being taught, especially if you don’t understand it right away? I’m still pretty early on in the Python 3 course (~30% through), but I find myself getting a bit overwhelmed by the amount of stuff being taught. It’s challenging since I’ve never coded before, so I’m concerned I’ll fall behind or just take super long to learn things. I’m committed to learning, but it can be a bit discouraging when I don’t understand things immediately or feel a bit stuck with all the concepts being taught. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, do you have any advice? Thanks!

Yes it’s very normal to get overwhelmed.

The advice might not sound Earth-shattering, but to me it is:
Take it simple, be consistent, follow a loose plan, and it helps if you have some check-ins with experienced guidance (mentors etc.).

I did the career switch thing at the beginning of the pandemic. It’s been 4 years now and even on the job it’s still the same process. But it was the same process in my career before that. Complexity will always be there. We’re only human and can only take so much at a time.

4 Likes

Hey, thanks so much for responding! I’m doing my best to take it step by step, and the “we’re only human…” bit was a good reminder for me. This was really good to hear. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hey buddy do not feel discouraged iam in the same shoe with you, currently i am learning Javascript and its overwheming, there things i literary understand but I doesn’t know how they are applied. I have a good friend who is always by my stand to encourage me.

1 Like