Adding class constructor Dog

Can someone tell me where to add it? Thanks

Please point out exactly which instruction that you are stuck on.

I thought I was following the directions correctly. I may be wrong, but its my understanding that a constructor class allows us to create a subset of instructions that pertain to the main class. So my code looks something like this, but I am getting an error...What am I doing wrong?

class Dog{

public Dog(){

}
//The class constructor for the Car class
public static void main(String[] args) {

}
}

Did you figure this out? I cant figure it out. Going off the example code throws an error.

I tried this:

class Dog {

//public static void main(string[age, height] args) {

public Dog() {
}
}

Turns out its the following:

class Dog{

public Dog() {

}

}

}

class Dog{

public Dog() {

}

}

}

Your suggestion worked. Thanks!

Next time, if you ever get stuck, you can hit the run button a few times and eventually it will offer up the code.

exactly. If you make it look like the example, it dings you. Frustrating for me.

You need to read up on java classes. There is no such thing as a constructor class. Your concept of why you need a constructor is simply wrong.
Constructor is part of a class declaration. It lets the interpreter initialize the object (ie, object is an instance of the class )
A class is an abstract template.
It does not exist in a computers memory until the program instantiates it.
If you really want to learn java do yourself a favour and look up a good java website that explains this.
The Sun Oracle java pages are the best place to start.

The constructor definition (ie public Dog() { .... ) needs to start on line 3 !
This is just a quirk of the code checking; not a java thing. So putting whitespace or a comment above the constructor throws up the error message 'have you added a constructor?' even when the code for the constructor definition is correct.

Wow... I wish I looked at this forum an hour ago.. I was losing it.. lol.. You are absolutely correct it has to be put on line 3 to work.. I had it right all along.. just on the wrong line.. in which I would have never guessed would have made a difference...

Thanks alot!

:grinning: Cool line number 3 is working without an error message. But honestly, don't you think it only fair to put a valid code anywhere? Or maybe we are beginner so code academy wants us to be systematic coder lol( It might not be a bug!) :grin:

thanks .was stuck from yesterday at the same point.