[aclu project] Output won't change

I’m really struggling to learn R because when I do something wrong, I can’t figure out what’s causing the problem. This seems very different to other languages I’ve worked with where they generate error messages.

I’m working on the aclu project right now and something isn’t right. I’m on step 4, where you have to remove a column from the data frame. This is what I’ wrote

# select columns
aclu <- aclu %>%
	select(-addr)

I can’t figure out what’s wrong with the code. It seems to be consistent with the hint and with previous exercises, but something’s wrong because when I click run, the output window doesn’t change. It seems to crash the interpreter, with no error message.

How can I figure out why it’s not working?

Any help much appreciated.

That’s really odd, because I’m working on the same project, and wrote exactly that code. Worked for me. I find that sometimes you need to close the tab and reopen it to get the console to work

I’m having the same problem in the projects. On several of them, I get about half way through (currently working on the border separation project), and the output window stops updating. I’ve tried logging out & back in, resetting the project, moving the code to a different area, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a solution for this?

It seems like there’s a bug in the R instance in CC’s platform. It looks like CC don’t have very much R content, so I think they’re quite new to it, which is probably why it’s got a couple of issues.

I’m going to use an alternate learning resource for R and use CC for other things for the time being.