Accessing sqlite with git bash

So I am working on the analyze data with SQL path and have come to the point to download sqlite with gitbash. I have git bash downloaded and have used it through the learn command line course so I am fairly certain it is downloaded correctly. I have also made sure I don’t copy the numbers exactly from the course but rather from the website where I downloaded the correct version. So after I type in the winpty. command, everything looks ok until I get to :
“$ sqlite3 newdb.sqlite”
it says “$ winpty: error: cannot start… no such file or directory”.
I am able to put gitbash in the sqlite directory so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have also deleted and reinstalled both git bash and sqlite with the same results.
Thank you all so much!
Ashley

What happens when you type winpty ./sqlite3.exe ? Are you in the correct directory?

The first time I typed he winpty. I got the sqlite command but couldn’t go any further than that. I think I am having issues with the extraction part. I can get to the sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3380000 directory but when I hit $ls it doesn’t show as having anything included in the folder. Im trying to clear some space on my computer to see if that will fix it. I will try to get this part working and see if that helps. If you do have any suggestions, I would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks again!!
Ashley

So I do get the sqlite> prompt but when I try to add the newdb.sqlite I get a winpty error. I have tried almost everything I have no idea where I am going wrong. i can also pwd and it tells me I am in the right directory and ls shows the correct files that should be in there. Like I said before, any help would be much appreciated! I feel like maybe I’m missing a space or added an extra one but keep rewriting it and coming with the same results.
thanks again
Ashley

after the winpty .sqlite I do get a message saying that it is connected to a transient in memory database. I don’t know if maybe I didn’t download the extracted files. Im really not sure where to go from here.

Hm, I honestly don’t know.

Maybe re-download the files, create a DB and the tables. (?)

I have DB Browser for SQLite and the GUI is very easy to use when creating DBs, importing csv files and creating a schema then a table.

Thank you for trying to assist. I’m going to uninstall and redownload. Maybe I copied the path wrong.
Ashley

1 Like