About the Traversing the DOM category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

I’m a new user and don’t know if this is the right place for feedback, but:

The section “Traversing the DOM” in the JQuery tutorial is not well designed.

Simply explaning the DOM tree is not enough for me to understand whats happening in the following code examples. I’m probably just too dumb to understand it, but codeacademy’s aim should be to dumb down complicated stuff I guess?

In order to understand a little bit of the code I have to remove code, click through the web example, add back the code and click through the web example again. That way I see the differences. I think this is due to bad naming of classes.

I use .removeClass(‘disabled’) in order to highlight the “ADD CART” text, which is very unintuitiv. As far as I understand it, I remove a class thats disabling something… why not just activate it? Why does it have to be a double negative event? And then you add couple other events that do other stuff simultaneously. How am I supposed to have a clear and logical idea of everything thats happening?

But then again, maybe I’m just too stupid for this…