About the Projects category

Share your work and get feedback from the community. Feedback is a vital component in getting better with coding and all ability levels are welcome here, so don’t be shy!

This is a safe space for sharing your work on projects— whether it’s on Codecademy or another platform— to get some constructive feedback.

This is a supportive and kind community of people learning and developing their skills. All comments here are expected to keep to our community guidelines.

Asking for Help and Feedback on Codecademy Projects

If you want feedback or help with any CC related projects please put a new topic in the top level category #project and tag it appropriately.

The tags are important so people can easily filter and search for other people working on the same project as them.

Personal Projects (non Codecademy Projects)

For help and feedback on any other projects please post in #project:personal-projects

3 Likes

Hi there, I’m seriously struggling with the Tea Cozy project and seeking some guidance. Although the project is mostly about Flexbox, I’ve just realized that I cannot even do simpler/core CSS introduced earlier in the course (although I thought I was doing ok then), and am feeling stuck and quite demotivated at the moment :cry:

Firstly, I’m wondering what the best way is to get feedback and learn from others…should I find a code buddy on Slack who works on the same project or share my code here and get feedback (although I’ve been able to write only 10-15% of the CSS so far)? Should I continue working on this particular project and try to find answers on points where I get stuck, or leave it for now and go back to previous projects (although I thought I had got the earlier lessons/projects)?

Secondly, what is the recommended way to share one’s code with others? I’m seeing links via GitHub and wondering if I should create an account there first.

Many thanks!

Hi again, I just wanted to leave a note to say that I’m slowly getting out of misery with help from a lovely community member so if anyone reading this needs help, please get in touch. I’m far from finishing up the project at the time of posting this message but would be happy to help in any way I can.

3 Likes

Hi There Cgg,

I am struggling with the same project. I seem to have lost all motivation, in fact I have been avoiding the course for the last week. I am really stuck, I dont think it helps that I have moved to a different pc and dont have access to my notes. I am slowly moving forward but i am only at the setting up the html stage!

Kindest Regards
Paul

3 Likes

Thanks for paying it forward, @cgg!

2 Likes

Hey Paul, hang in there! I keep reminding myself that slowly moving forward is better than giving up and not moving at all. Small, baby steps might actually be good for learning, especially at the beginning when studying and implementing the foundational concepts. Don’t forget to put on some good music and take regular breaks :wink: Let’s be in touch.

4 Likes

Hello codecadamy users,
I’m currently in level 4 in the learning path ‘data science’.
After the introduction in sql it continues with python3. Unfortunately, sql is currently not considered. That’s why I paused the course to learn how to use sql in python.
I learned something tkinter to make it more fun. tkinter stands for tk interface for python.
It makes it possible to create platform-independent GUIs in the simplest way.
Here I have programmed a small example:

Screenshot:
mini-sql-browser

sourcecode:
from tkinter import *
import sqlite3 as lite

def text_inp():
con=lite.connect(db_entry.get())
with con:
cur=con.cursor()
cur.execute(sql_entry.get())
rows=cur.fetchall()
for row in rows:
listb.insert(END,row)

def clear_listb():
listb.delete(0,‘end’)

mw = Tk()
mw.title(“mini-sql-browser”)

db_lb=Label(mw,text=‘Database:’,bg=‘lightCyan2’)
db_entry=Entry(mw,width=30)
table_lb=Label(mw,text=‘Table:’,bg=‘lightCyan2’)
table_entry=Entry(mw,width=30)
sql_lb=Label(mw,text=‘SQlite query:’,bg=‘lightCyan2’)
sql_entry=Entry(mw,width=30)
sendbt= Button(mw, text=‘Push to send’,bg=‘khaki1’,command=text_inp)
listb=Listbox(mw,height=7,width=30,bg=‘burlywood1’)
scroll_v=Scrollbar(mw,orient=VERTICAL,command=listb.yview)
listb[‘yscrollcommand’]=scroll_v.set
clear_bt=Button(mw,text=‘Clear Listbox’,bg=‘khaki2’,command=clear_listb)

db_lb.grid(row=0,column=0,sticky=(W,E))
db_entry.grid(row=1,column=0,sticky=(W,E))
table_lb.grid(row=2,column=0,sticky=(W,E))
table_entry.grid(row=3,column=0,sticky=(W,E))
sql_lb.grid(row=4,column=0,sticky=(W,E))
sql_entry.grid(row=5,column=0,sticky=(W,E))
sendbt.grid(row=6,column=0)
listb.grid(row=0,column=1,rowspan=6)
listb.insert(END,"—Here comes the query-result:—")
scroll_v.grid(row=0,column=2,rowspan=6,sticky=(N,S))
clear_bt.grid(row=6,column=1)
mw.mainloop()

Do you like it?
More of this?
greetings
Stefan

I need jquery expert to help me finish my project.At the moment i am encountering two major problems, 1.DOM/load/event handling
2. Error (“Container is null”) in my javascript code.
my budget for the problem solver is $100

I need Website developers for this Hdhub4u Site. Please help.