The Recommendation Software Project
Welcome to the subcategory for the Recommendation Software Project. This portfolio project can be found in the following courses or paths:
How to Get Feedback on your Project
Congratulations on finishing your portfolio project! Now you’ll want to follow these steps to get feedback on it.
- Post a link to your git repository
- Give us a few sentences about your experience. Was this fun? Difficult? How long did it take?
- Check back in—if someone has replied to your post, come see what they have to say.
How to Give Feedback on Another Learner’s Project
Reviewing someone else’s code isn’t just a nice thing to do; it’s also a great opportunity to sharpen your skills by viewing a different perspective.
- Refer to the article in your Career Path on How to Review Someone Else’s Code
- Click through topics in this subcategory to view other submissions of this project.
- Reply to a thread with feedback, encouragement, or letting them know if they did something in a way you hadn’t thought of before!
About my experience it took me almost 2 days to finish , is a search mechanism in python to look over 2000 baby names to choose from.
Not perfect, the code was very simple and I did not use everything I learned.
I did a similar project, However I collected the data based of the YELP API to create restaurants recommendations.
I just used the one provided by codecademy
I used the example they gave and added voice recognition to it. I also changed what it was searching to be searching cuts of beef to grill.https://github.com/lukeskywalker1890/Grilling.git
I decided to create a movie recommendation software. Some parts were hard because some of the data (genre) was stored in an array so the linked list had to go through each genre for the movie. I really enjoyed making it though and learned a lot.