About the Portfolio Project: Python Terminal Game

The Python Terminal Game

Welcome to the subcategory for the Python Terminal Game Project. This portfolio project can be found in the following courses or paths:

How to Get Feedback on your Project

Congratulations on finishing your portfolio project! Now you’ll want to follow these steps to get feedback on it.

1. Post a link to your git repository :slight_smile:
  2. Give us a few sentences about your experience. Was this fun? Difficult? How long did it take?
  3. Check back in—if someone has replied to your post, come see what they have to say.

How to Give Feedback on Another Learner’s Project

Reviewing someone else’s code isn’t just a nice thing to do; it’s also a great opportunity to sharpen your skills by viewing a different perspective.

1. Refer to the article in your Career Path on How to Review Someone Else’s Code
  2. Click through topics in this subcategory to view other submissions of this project.
  3. Reply to a thread with feedback, encouragement, or letting them know if they did something in a way you hadn’t thought of before!
2 Likes

https://github.com/Schloz7/Detective-game.git

I got a little confused about blogging so this part i don’t know , is a simple single player game .
I guessing the course wasn’t enough to make the game , but i finished anyway , thank you!

I did a connect4 terminal Game

Hi Naveed,

I tried to run your script but it gave me a series of errors.

The major one was in line 79:
or rows in range(ROWS_MAX_INDEX ROWS -3, -1):

I would help you but I’m not entirely sure what you were going for here.

Next one is in line 20:
for r in range(ROWS_MAX_cols, 0, -1):
it says that ‘ROWS_MAX_cols’ isn’t defined.

And lastly, my system couldn’t load the numpy module.

Here’s the game I made for this project:

It is a very simple game, but I thought it was fun to try to set records. I hope you enjoy it and I’m looking forward to any feedback I can get.

Cheers!

Alex :slight_smile:

I went with a pretty simple terminal horoscope for this project. Any feedback is appreciated!

GitHub repo: GitHub - stankemper/daily-scope

Here is the link for my completed project: Aphid’s Revenge

This is a basic text-adventure game that I updated from coursework I had previously taken. I know I could have changed some of the functionality to make it easier, but the current implementation highlights specific programming concepts, like text-parsing input with multiple words.

Overall it was not too difficult and once I sat down to do it, it only took a couple of hours. I look forward to hearing what y’all think and would love any and all feedback

Here is my portifolio project!

Shopping List - Terminal Program

Here you can find my blog post:

Blog Post - Medium

The inspiration for my program came from my job as a sous-chef. I noticed that creating a shopping list for the retreat center was a time-consuming task, and sometimes we made mistakes with the quantities. I thought to myself, “how can I automate this and save time for other duties?” That’s when I decided to create a Shopping List Program as a part of my portfolio. While it’s not quite a kitchen planning tool yet, it was exciting to see my simple version take shape!

This is mine: Story teller
Kinda enjoyed it, I’m not new to programming, but I just wanted to start as a beginner!!

Hi everyone!

Here is my link to my git repository

In all, I would say this was a fun experience. I had a great time going through the motions and trying to figure out how to code my Blackjack game. I would say it took me probably 5-7 hrs of straight coding, not taking into account me being distracted.

I can’t wait to continue my coding passion!

I did a Police vs Robbers game, you can check it out here:

I also wrote about it in medium:

Let me know what you think!

Flashcards game

I’ve decided to not put classes and objects even though I already started to rewrite this program with it. I wanted to quickly finish this project to improve myself in computing science and do a better job. What do you think? Should I focus on this project to make it better or should I improve it as I learn more things on python?

Thanks in advance for your advices!

This game is part of the projects required for the Data Science path from Codecademy.

The rationale was to code a game where the player requires some basic knowledge of math, and shopping, in other words, anybody could play the game, and in the way practice some basic tools.

Completing this project allowed me to review a lot of structures and functionalities learned along the path as well as research and applied others not known. So, running this project made me a little more expert in coding with Python.

I have developed this single and multiplayer mode tic-tac-toe game. Check this out here: tic-tac-toe. It took me about 2-3 days to complete this project and I would appreciate anyone else’s review and feedback on this project. Looking forward! Happy coding !

Did a Blackjack game:

was a nice experience!

Made an untitled text adventure escape from a house type game.

Project: https://github.com/mostlysoftware/Console_Adventure
Blog post: https://twitter.com/MostlySoftware/status/1655109021911896067

Made to explore basic concepts learned in python, for Codecademy.

Makes use of classes and methods to populate rooms with containers, with basic key and lock mechanics.

I found the experience of coding this helpful in practicing working with classes and having them interact with each other in complex ways.

Hi!
My portfolio project was a blackjack game.
It was a little bit hard to finish this implementation but it was a good experience.
Below is a link to my GitHub blackjack repo.
Blackjack repo

For my project, I decided to create a battleship game.
I had to spend some time thinking through the scenarios of how battleship is played, but overall, it was a fun project to work on.

I chose to build Mancala for my portfolio project.

I had wanted to build it for a while (since it was a game I hadn’t already come across a tutorial for) and thought it would be fun to build and play in the terminal. Back at that point in my learning journey I wasn’t quite proficient enough in Python to get it fully functional. Proud to say now at the end of the course that, although simple in appearance, the game works!

Mancala

I built in in Visual Studio Code and am on a Windows OS, so if anyone is on a different OS and wants to give it a try and confirm the screen clears correctly, I’d appreciate it!

I created a two-player Tic-Tac-Toe game.

I had fun making it and definitely learned a lot. I enjoy learning how to use VS code and GitHub more. I’m not sure if my blog post is what they were looking for but I tried. Obviously, blogging isn’t my forte.

Here’s my portfolio project: Tic-Tac-Toe
Here’s my blog post: https://dev.to/lanesummer/python-terminal-tic-tac-toe-game-53e0

Let me know what you think! Excited to get some feedback. :smiley: