About the Portfolio Project: Final PERN Project category

The Final PERN Project

Welcome to the subcategory for the Final PERN Project. This portfolio project can be found in the following courses or paths:

• Full Stack Engineer Path

How to Get Feedback on your Project

Congratulations on finishing your portfolio project! Now you’ll want to follow these steps to get feedback on it.

1. Post a link to your git repository :slight_smile:
  2. Give us a few sentences about your experience. Was this fun? Difficult? How long did it take?
  3. Check back in—if someone has replied to your post, come see what they have to say.

How to Give Feedback on Another Learner’s Project

Reviewing someone else’s code isn’t just a nice thing to do; it’s also a great opportunity to sharpen your skills by viewing a different perspective.

1. Refer to the article in your Career Path on How to Review Someone Else’s Code
  2. Click through topics in this subcategory to view other submissions of this project.
  3. Reply to a thread with feedback, encouragement, or letting them know if they did something in a way you hadn’t thought of before!

Hi everyone!

Hope you are well,

I want to share with you my Final PERN proyect, which is the implementation of a server with Authentication and Sessions, and a PostgreSQL database for my initial Reddit app.

Link to my proyect in GitHub: PERN app

if you want to take a look at the live version, you can find the link in the Setup section of the README.md file.

I would love to read some feedback.

thanks!!!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Just completed the final full-stack project. It’s a sports-scheduling platform. You can create sports facilities as a manager and invite members by email. As a member, you can book sports resources (such as tennis courts) via the platform. Each sports facility created gets it’s own landing-site with a unique URL.

It was pretty challenging and required a lot of going back and forth between front-end and back-end code. Took around 200 commits. Did around 35 back-end integration tests with Supertest and 12 front-end integration tests using mostly React Testing Library. Used RTK Query for managing API-related state which I think simplified the data fetching and Redux logic quite a bit so highly recommend that. For testing Redux - highly recommend using React-testing-library (CC has a course on it) and focusing on integration tests as is now recommended on the official Redux website: Writing Tests | Redux. Deployed with a Heroku “pipeline” so that I can have both a staging app and a production app based on the same code and any changes can be pushed to the staging app first.

Here is the link (repo is still private - for now):

https://matchtime.herokuapp.com/

Let me know if you have any questions, find some bugs or have feedback on it. Thanks!

5 Likes

Here is the associated repo to my full stack project if anyone is curious:
MatchTime GitHub repo
Appreciate any feedback!

Looking clean man, way to go!

1 Like

Hey :grinning:

This is my final full-stack project! I decided to do a Voting App. It allows Admin, Candidate and Voter users to login and provides different features for each. Admin users can set up Elections and add Candidates and Voters to them. Candidates can view Election and Voter data and create/edit their manifestos. Voters can view Election and Candidate data as well as place a vote.

I had to think a lot about the database setup and the API routes. I did some minor alterations during the build lsunch as making it so that Voters could be signed up for more than one election. I used RTK Query state management which, as mentioned above, made redux code a lot simpler. I’m really pleased with how it turned out, but obviously it can always be improved. I will be working on implementing account set up and vote confirmation emails which are currently only sent to my mailtrap account. I will also be working on tests for the app.

The live app can be accessed here https://jims-voting-app.netlify.app
Github repo link https://github.com/jamesHarradon/votingApp

Any questions or feedback would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

James