About the Personal Projects category

Welcome to the Personal Projects section of the Codecademy forums!

This space for sharing and asking for help with projects that you are working on independently, outside of Codecademy’s curriculum.

• If you’re looking for help with a specific project that is part of Codecademy, be sure to instead use the search bar for the name of the project to find other questions about it, first. You can also filter by tag in #project to find other people working on the same project.

• When posting here, be sure to include a link to your project. Questions about how to do something that do not include your code are very difficult to answer!

Best of luck!

12 Likes

Yay! This is one category that was definitely needed.

4 Likes

Hi there!
i’m a beginner at coding and here is my first simple independent project within WebDev path on Codecademy. I would be happy to get any feedback on it from experts.

https://github.com/S77S-lab/Practice-Fashion-blog

6 Likes

Hey @serge2serge!
Huh, it doesn’t seem like that webpage exists(404 error)… are you sure it isn’t private?

I’ll be sure to take a look at it if you find out how to fix it!
Steven

2 Likes

Hi Steven,

I’m sorry, this project really has a private status. I will fix it in half an hour, so you could go on it.

Thanks for a feedback.

Serge.

2 Likes

Hey Alyssa!
maybe you can help with my CSS animation code, I’m trying to make it disappear once the animation is finished, can you provide me with any advice?
Regards!

code:

1 Like

Hey,
can i find a list of all the personal personal projects somewhere?
Greetings,
Marcus

2 Likes

Also, similar to the FAQ thread, is everyone posting their project separately as a new thread/post, or there is a unified way to exchange peer reviews on our projects within a category? Thanks

1 Like

Hey, i found it!
for everyone else looking for it:

2 Likes

I am having my first CodeCademy chapter 1st meetup for Ft Worth - CyberStores and working on the content of it. I have a couple things I want to go over such as what the chapter will do for CodeCademy and how it will run.

Any ideas from you guys will be greatly appreciated!

What will make you want to attend?

Good Journey to You and Yours!

2 Likes

I think it would be helpful to give us tags for different programming languages. It would make the filter function more useful in this sub-forum.

People already write the programming language in the title, but the search function doesn’t work well for questions about Java because you will just find a bunch of JavaScript projects/questions. Not even if you search for "Java " (including quotation marks and the trailing white space) and sort the results by newest, because a bunch of people will have written Java Script in the title.

2 Likes

Really nice! You also can do your ‘readme’ file more presentable using mockup of different devices. It’s very simple to use. You change the default image to your screen of site and you get the image of any device with your site. It really looks great :metal:

1 Like

I like your ReadMe! I did view this on my MacAir laptop. Would love a colored background with images at the center. I don’t know how to optimize this for MacAir? You probably designed this for Mobile.

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

Just completed my app which is a bug tracker and would love to hear some feedbacks.

Here’s the link: https://traill.vercel.app
Here’s the code: GitHub - amirfakhrullah/trail-app: A bug tracking app - track the bugs and also the development of softwar

Since the app requires login, I attached some photos of the app for you guys to check out.

One question tho, do you guys think that the font is too big?

2 Likes

Hello, Amirfakrullah. No, the font isn’t too big. I looked at your code in GitHub, and boy, is there a lot of code! Yours is the first project that I decided to review. It’s good practice. Love, LindaJoyfulCoder, 30% thru Full Stack Engineering course.

2 Likes

`> Blockquote

type or paste code here

1 Like

Hello everyone

I have recently created a personal project to showcase my chapter events responsively using JavaScript

Event Timeline

Deployed Project Link - https://event-timeline.ashwin26.repl.co/

An event timeline website for Codecademy JU Chapter Community built with the following technologies:

• NodeJS
  • ExpressJS
  • PugJS
  • jQuery
  • SASS

Demo

What’s unique in this Project

• The Event Timeline uses CSS Animations to dynamically change the background and pop up each event when we scroll.
  • The Event Timeline project uses Pug JS template engine for HTML5 pre-processing, making the HTML code more readable.
  • SASS preprocessor is used as scripting language that compiles into Cascading Style Sheets, making the CSS style more readable.
  • The project is deployed using Node JS and Express JS file server on top of Repl it platform.
2 Likes

Hi, people.

I did a logistic regression project on the employee dataset for binary classification on kaggle.
The interesting part for me was encoding the categorical data and also checking the association of categorical data with a heatmap.

All criticism is welcome!
Thanks

1 Like

Hello Codecademy fam. Its been an amazing and interesting journey learning how to code.
As part of this journey, I want to collaborate with people around the globe, that’s one of my goal for this year.
my portfolio :point_right: oilmania-iloma.github.io.
View through and drop your comments. :+1: :+1: :+1:
much :heart:

1 Like

Can I contribute to your UI?

1 Like