About the Challenge Projects category

Welcome to the Challenge Projects category and congratulations on completing a project!

This is a safe space for you to ask questions about any sample solution code and share your work with others! Feedback is a vital component in getting better with coding and all ability levels are welcome here, so don’t be shy!

Remember - your solution might not look like ours, and that’s totally okay! There are multiple ways to complete these projects and you should exercise your creative abilities in doing so. Feel free to ask questions about different methods.

This is a supportive and kind community of people learning and developing their skills. All comments here are expected to keep to our community guidelines

Best practices for asking questions about the sample solution

• Be specific! Reference exact line numbers and syntax so others are able to identify the area of the code you have questions about.

How do I share my own solutions?

• If you completed the project off-platform, you can upload your project to your own GitHub and share the public link on the relevant project topic.
  • If you completed the project in the Codecademy learning environment, use the share code link at the bottom of your code editor to create a gist, and then share that link here.

In both cases, you’ll need to get set-up on GitHub! This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet using a critical development tool. Not sure how to get started? We’ve got you covered - read this article for the easiest way to get set-up on GitHub.

5 Likes

World Population II Challenge Project for Feedback
https://discuss.codecademy.com/t/about-the-challenge-projects-category/434328/2?u=dev8126513192

1 Like

WORLD POPULATION Challenge Project for peer Feedback:
https://discuss.codecademy.com/t/about-the-challenge-projects-category/434328/4?u=dev8126513192

1 Like

Hi, i have completed the swift challenge project “Make a Mixtape 101”
I would appreciate if you can give feedback :slight_smile:
This is my version of the “side A & B” part of the project. Not sure to post in the right place, sorry if not

1 Like

Hi,

This is regarding ‘’’ Coded Correspondence Project ‘’’ , Please elaborate how exactly the below code is working?

How offset of 10 is performed? : ‘’’ alphabet[(alphabet_value + 10) % 26]’’’ ??

alphabet = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
msg = "xuo jxuhu! jxyi yi qd unqcfbu ev q squiqh syfxuh. muhu oek qrbu je tusetu yj? y xefu ie! iudt cu q cuiiqwu rqsa myjx jxu iqcu evviuj!" 
#msg = ' ? ,'
punctuation = "?'!., "
new_msg = ''

for letter in msg :
    if letter not in punctuation:
        alphabet_value = alphabet.find(letter)
        new_msg += alphabet[(alphabet_value + 10) % 26]
    else:
        new_msg += letter
print(new_msg)

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello:

I’ve already finished the Number Guesser Challenge, but I’d like to do it again to try and find another way to do it. Where is that challenge available?

Thanks

Hi, please add more challenges or projects with much fewer instructions to fully mastered what we just learned. Thank you

1 Like

that sounds good ! :love_you_gesture: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello fellow Coders,

I’m having trouble completing the challenge projects (i.e. Credit Card Checker & Mysterious organisms) without looking at the solution and was wondering if i will actually encounter this level of complexity in an everyday basis at an entry level job? if anybody wants to share their experience I would greatly appreciate it! thanks!

1 Like

Aqui dejo mi hoja de trucos.
La realice explicando la especificidad.
GitHub page: https://monchitog.github.io.git
GitHub repositorie: GitHub - monchitog/monchitog.github.io

2 Likes

Hello. I’m trying to complete the challenge project called " This is Jeopardy!".

I’m stuck in this question:
2. Write a function that filters the dataset for questions that contains all of the words in a list of words. For example, when the list ["King", "England"] was passed to our function, the function returned a DataFrame of 49 rows. Every row had the strings "King" and "England" somewhere in its " Question".Test your function by printing out the column containing the question of each row of the dataset.

My solution is this:

Filtering a dataset by a list of words

words_questions =
def filter_data(data, words):
for i in words:
for j in data[“Question”]:
if i in j:
if j in words_questions:
pass
else:
words_questions.append(j)
result = pd.DataFrame(words_questions, columns = [“Answer”])
return result

Testing the filter function

filtered = filter_data(jeopardy_data, [“King”, “England”])
print(filtered)

I don’t know why I don’t get the same results of Codeacademy.

muy bien! I’m an English speaker.

I just finished the Gold Medal Metrics project for Java. Here is my solution.

Collecting employee engagement survey tools, using top-notch analytics and quickly taking action on the feedback received may sound super easy, but in reality, each process has hidden hurdles that often go unnoticed. and finally, the strategy is to blame and, at worst, discontinued.

I have completed a Tea Cozy project from the Flexbox chapter, using HTML and CSS. Although it is not yet responsive, I have put forth my best effort to complete it.

My Website Style Guide (shalabyelectronics.github.io)

https://github.com/vldkurov/find-your-hat