A limt to likes

why do users (like me Rising Star) have a limit for liking posts :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s not just Rising Stars, all users that are not Moderators have a limit on the amount of likes they are able to give. Even Super Users, like myself, have a limit. As for why that is, It might just be a Discourse thing that is carried over, but I don’t know for sure, so don’t quote me on that.

I’m sure one of our Admins knows…; What say you @zystvan?

4 Likes

but aren’t Super Users Moderateors ??

Let me be very clear, Super Users are not Moderators. While Super Users possess more forum tools/powers than normal users and Rising Stars, we still don’t have nearly as many “moderating” tools as a Moderator does.

Super Users are just helpful (veteran) users who have slightly more forum tools/powers than everyone else. They patrol the forums to answer questions and flag inappropriate posts/topics.

Moderators are helpful longtime (trusted) users who have far more forum tools/powers than everyone else. They patrol the forums to answer questions, unlist/split/close topics, deal with flagged posts/topics, block/suspend users’ forum accounts, etc.

If you would like a more in-depth explanation of this, check out this topic…

2 Likes

so like anyone that is a mod has no limit to like posts cool, thank you for your time