A Codecademy Mobile App for Android or IPhone?

Just curious if codecademy had any plans for the future or are working on a mobile app for the iphone or android. If that is a secret than no problem. However, if any info on that or opinions are available I would love to hear it! :smiley: And I am sure this has been asked before however I did not see a forum post specifically on it.

it is no secret, but such an app is not in the planning at the moment. The focus at the moment is purely the website and the new courses which are created/rolling out at the moment

3 Likes

Yeah that was sortof my feeling as well with all the new course changes and updates. I know it would be really nice to have for Codecademy and for users like us. I also know it is probably going to take a lot of work to build especially with new additions coming seemingly all the time to the website.

1 Like

yea, so no app is coming. Plus, programming on a mobile device is bar not as efficient as on a pc

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that lol Learning new code, trying to peck typing, and squinting? its hard enough as is :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

seriously, the keyboard layout is a problem, all the special chacters you need are hard to access and stuff

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking more of a tablet or something of that nature but obviously you got to have it in the app store etc. so it would be available for iPhone etc. And also why I said it would be a lot of work to figure out and a tough project. So yeah thanks for the “answers”. Sortof reaffirms what I thought but as curiosity is my best friend figured I post something lol

2 Likes

Do you know that there is someone using your name at google play store apps? I tried downloading the app and had a terrible time removing it. And I do not think it was an app put out by you. My Norton security system raised all sorts of red flags and when I tried to use nothing seemed to work correctly. Now I may be completely wrong on all of this and if I am wrong I appoligize now. Please check this issue out. I use a 10.1 in tablet android with blue tooth key board and mouse. I had a similar problem when I tried to download notepad++ from google play store. The app verssion of notepad++ was not the wonderful notepad++ I am familiar with and the maker of the app version was not the disgner of the PC version. Also notepad++ says on their web site they do not have android app, the same as you are saying at the time of this discusion
Wiley

1 Like