9.Daily Revenue 2: refunded_at is null

The instructions say to exclude the results that have a refunded_at value of null. I did that, but I got the error message "Sum daily revenue without refunds.".

Here's my code:

select
  date(created_at),
  round(sum(price), 2) as daily_rev
from purchases
where refunded_at is null
group by 1
order by 1;

If I click "Get Code" when it pops up, it puts in a query that looks like exactly the opposite of what the instructions say to do, excluding the records that have a value in refunded_at:

select
  date(created_at),
  round(sum(price), 2) as daily_rev
from purchases
where refunded_at is not null
group by 1
order by 1;

Am I missing something here, or is the parser grading it backwards?

Daily Revenue 2: Incorrect Solution

Hey @vaggrippino,

yes, you are right: it's a bug.

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.

Yes. If you think critically about the exercise (which many folks may not, they may just troll for the right answer), it doesn't make sense.

Still the same issue present with this exercise - you are told to exclude the refunds, but are required to filter to only refunds.

Glad I wasn't the only one wondering about this.
The bug is still there.

Yep, I sat here some time going over and over my logic, but this is definitely wrong. I'm glad others found the same thing so I know I'm not crazy too. Has it been reported as a bug? Even if so, I'm going to report it again - maybe the more who report it, the more likely it'll be fixed more quickly?

I just submitted another bug report for this issue.

I felt like an idiot too :wink:

Feel a lot better that I am not the only one who was driven nuts by this bug!

TO continue you can use where refunded_at='null'. BOTH are one and the same but it might be a bug.