8. Wrap it with a div-practicing making a website

I've been working on this for about 30 minutes. I tried it at least five times, then i copied and pasted the example and it tells me... "Oops, try again. Place the supporting content in the

."

div class="container>...

if you edit/update your question, leave a reply so i get a notification. Your code is not visible, take the following steps to make your code visible:

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

`

Travel

<div>
  <h3>Host</h3>
</div>

<div>
  <h3>Trust and Safety</h3>
</div>

` I copied and pasted it onto my code and it still says its wrong. Will you explain the steps to me, or help locate the error?

your code still doesn't look good, are the instructions to make the code visible to the forum so difficult?

please tell me you didn't copy this from the left column (instructions/information) to your editor:

<div>
      <h3>Travel</h3>
    </div>

<div>
      <h3>Host</h3>
    </div>

<div>
    </div>

You should already have those h3 elements, and there paragraphs, you build it in the previous exercises. This code was just to help you where you should add the supporting div, this code was not supposed to end up in the editor!

I didn't copy and paste the code to the editor. I placed the code from the left in the middle of the screen under some of the other code from the previous exercises but not under the "Your Name" Categories and below.

so you dragged the code from the left to the editor? Same thing, you shouldn't have. That was just a piece of code you already had, just to show you where to wrap. Can you post your html code so i can help? make sure it is visible

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <body>
 <div class="nav">
 <div class="jumbotron">
 <div class="learn more">
 <div class="container">
  <h1>Find a place to stay.</h1>
    <p>Rent from people in over 34,000 cities and 192 countries.</p>
  </div>
  <div>
  <h3>Travel</h3>
  <p>From apartments and rooms to treehouses and boats: stay in unique spaces in 192 countries.</p>
  <p>
    <a href="#">See how to travel on Airbnb</a>
  </p>
</div>
<div>
    <h3>subheading</h3>
    <p>Description text.</p>
    <p>
        <a href="#">Link text</a>
        </p>
    </div>
	<ul>
	  <li>Your Name</li>
	  <li>Browse</li>
	</ul><ul>
	<li>Sign Up</li></ul></div></div><h1>Large Feature</h1><p>Hello world</p>
	<li>Log In</li><li>Help</li></ul>

</body>
</html>

This is the code that I have done on 8. but it is not the same as 7 but it still says correct on 7. I will put the code below.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <body>
 <div class="nav">
 <div class="jumbotron">
 <div class="container">
  <h1>Find a place to stay.</h1>
    <p>Rent from people in over 34,000 cities and 192 countries.</p>
  </div>
  <div>
  <h3>Travel</h3>
  <p>From apartments and rooms to treehouses and boats: stay in unique spaces in 192 countries.</p>
  <p>
    <a href="#">See how to travel on Airbnb</a>
  </p>
</div>
<div>
  <h3>Subheading</h3>
  <p>Description text.</p>
  <p>
  </p>
</div>
<div>
  <h3>Travel</h3>
  <p><a href="#">See how to travel on Airbnb</a></p>
</div>

<div>
  <h3>Host</h3>
  <p>Renting out your unused space could pay your bills or fund your next vacation.</p>
  <p><a href="#">Learn more about hosting</a></p>
</div>

<div>
  <p>From Verified ID to our worldwide customer support team, we've got your back.</p>
  <p><a href="#">Learn about trust at Airbnb</a></p>
</div>
	<ul>
	  <li>Your Name</li>
	  <li>Browse</li>
	</ul><ul>
	<li>Sign Up</li></ul></div></div><h1>Large Feature</h1><p>Hello world</p>
	<li>Log In</li><li>Help</li></ul>

</body>
</html>

The code from seven does not carry to number 8 and I don't know what is wrong.

I don't know how to put this nicely: Your code from exercise 8 is a mess. I wouldn't know where to start with beginning correcting your code. here is a list of things wrong with it:

<div class="jumbotron"> is inside your nav, it should be after/below your nav
your whole navigation menu is at the bottom at the page, should be inside <div class="nav"></div> on the top

your whole learn-more is gone, you seem to have <h3>Travel</h3> twice, this:

<h3>Subheading</h3>
  <p>Description text.</p>
  <p>
  </p>

is just placeholder text, which you seem to have copied.

The earlier code you posted (which is from exercise 7) isn't much better. your learn-more is in your navigation menu, and also a mess. Have you got any prior coding experience? If do not, i recommend do to html + css first

Thank you for your help on helping me correct my code. I told you that i copied and pasted because it kept telling me i was wrong. Something must be messed up with the correction code with 7 because no matter what I do it says that I'm right. Unless i dont put anything or something way off.

this was no help at all, this would be more useful if it actually helped me, and showed my how to do it... think about

Hi @boggsj, you will get more personalized help if we can see your code. Your problems maybe not be the same as other people's. Starting your own thread, posting all of your code, your error message and your exercise number is a great way to get a great answer.

Thank you for your help, I found my error and fixed the problem. Now I am moving on to CSS. Thank you for helping me identify the error.

Hello, I have the same issue for these instructions on making a website "Wrap all pieces of supporting content with two divs, like in the example above. Give the outer div a class="learn-more" and the inner div a class="container".

Can somebody post what the code is supposed to look like?

No, it is against CC policy to post any answers, in particular without any explanation, if you need help please post your code.

this might help. if you edit/update your question, leave a reply so i get a notification. take the following steps to ensure your code visible:

select your code and press ctrl + k (or cmd + k if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

Thanks! I think I will go in the office for help on this.

You can just post your code, i can help you