8. Error msg: Set the border-bottom to '1px solid #dbdbdb'

Usually this message appears when your web browser’s zoom setting is something other than 100%.

Why? : When you increase/decrease your zoom you also increase/decrease the size of elements on your page. So a 1px line might now be 3px.

What to do? : Often, resetting zoom to default will do the trick. You can reset it with cmd-0 (Mac) or ctrl-0 (PC).

You may need to experiment to get it right with your browser:

• Some people have reported that Firefox likes 80% zoom to give the right answer.
  • “I’m on Firefox and a Surface Pro 3; the resolution is so high that they shift the default zoom (ctrl-0) to improve readability. Ctrl+(-) ×3 “fixed” it.”
  • in Safari, uncheck never use a font size smaller than… ( thanks jrjinaustin )
  • I set to 67% zoom on firefox after experimenting for awhile & it finally worked. (thanks @sheilacm)
30 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: 8. I’ve reset my zoom on my imac. I’m still getting the "set the border-bottom to ‘1px solid #dbdbdb’

i’ve reset mij chrome to 100%
and typed this

i still get an error

.neighborhood-guides {
background-color: #efefef;
border-bottom: 1px solid #dbdbdb;
}

2 Likes

Never mind. Chrome set’s it to 90% if you choose standard.
it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Have same problem. I really got no idea what happened.
Thank you very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had the same problem but it was solved when I changed the browser.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for posting. This solved my problem as well.

1 Like

i’m on a netbook, firefox. set it to 80%, 90%, 100%. not working, still get same error… do i really need to install chrome just to get by? thanks

1 Like

I had mine out of order. Thanks for your input AR

1 Like

It would be nice to solve the mystery with your netbook/firefox so others won’t have to suffer :smile: !

1 Like

this worked. thanks~

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: 8. Set the border-bottom to ‘1px solid #dbdbdb’

I set to 67% zoom on firefox after experimenting for awhile & it finally worked.

2 Likes

I changed from Firefox to IE and worked fine,

3 Likes

Thanks for this post. I was getting frustrated. But this finally worked for me.

2 Likes

I got stuck at Mozilla and Google Chrome set me free.

switched over to MS edge browser and it worked for me. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Thanks. It was really troubling me. I had to set to 67%.

Thank you!! @albionsrefuge