8. Can you swing it - It says that I got code correct and I can move to next lesson but I think I got it wrong

Okay, Instructions for this module is

• Make all p tags have a font-family of Garamond. (Do NOT use the universal selector for this! There's a better way; see the Hint for help.)

• Make the introduction paragraph and the summary paragraph have a font-weight of bold (this is a new property for you, but it works just like the others you've learned).

• Make the synopsis paragraph have the color #7AC5CD.

• Make the paragraphs in the unordered list have the color #000000 and text-decoration underline.

I have a problem with something: It says "Make the introduction paragraph and the summary paragraph have a font-weight of bold" But with code I wrote it made all paragraphs bold even the ones in list.

I understood this lesson that introduction and summary should be bold, not all paragraphs. I didn't know how to make just those two paragraps bold without making them all bold.

Pics:

CSS:

You seemed to have passed? introduction and summary paragraph are both direct children of body, does that help?

Yes and exactly the fact that I passed concerns me. Because it said: Make the introduction paragraph and the summary paragraph have a font-weight of bold (this is a new property for you, but it works just like the others you've learned).

It didn't say that ul and stuff that it contains should be bolded. Honestly I didn't find a way to bold introduction and summary bold without making all paragraphs bold.

well, both introduction and summary paragraph are both direct children of body. You know you can grab direct children with >? So then we have body, > and p which we can combine till a css selector which will only grab introduction and summary paragraph, you do understand how direct children work, right?

I think I skipped previous lesson where there was no code to write by pressing submit by accident. I'm trying to grasp whole concept of using ">".

Since you were so helpful I sat and think about ">" and I succeeded.

I guess that correct code that will bold only int and sum paragraphs without bolding everything is

body> p{
font-weight:bold;
}

Thank you so much!

yea is like mine. But tells me that is not correct. How you swing it?

Well, first off, is it the english course? Could you show us your code?

Hi - are we supposed to be modifying the HTML here or just the CSS? I added in some more DIV tags to the html so I could single out the Intro and Summary paragraphs and the output seems to be correct, but it's saying it's wrong and I can't move on. I have copied HTML and CSS below it:

<div>
        <p>Introduction: Cascading with CSS</p>
    </div>

<div><div>
        <p>Synopsis: When you set a property of a selector like 'p' to a certain value, that value applies to <em>all</em> p tags.
        If, however, you change that same property to a different value for a more specific instance of p,
        that change will <em>override</em> the 'general rule'.
        </p>
    </div></div>

<ul>
            <li><p>If you say p { font-family: Garamond}, all 'p's will have the font Garamond.</p></li>
            <li><p>BUT if you say li p {font-family: Verdana}, 'p's outside of 'li's will be
                   in Garamond, and 'p's INSIDE 'li's will be in Verdana.
            </p></li>
            <li><p>The more specific your selectors are, the higher importance CSS gives to the styling you apply!</p></li>
        </ul>

<div>
    <p>Summary: Greater specificity makes CSS prioritize that particular styling.</p>
    </div>

</body>

CSS

/*Add your CSS below!*/
p {
font-family:Garamond;
}

div > p {
font-weight:bold;
}

div div p {
font-weight:normal;
color:#7ac5cd;
}

ul {
color:000000;
text-decoration:underline;
}

Actually, fixed it using the body >p from above :0 thanks, I can now move on!

good you fixed it, the whole point is of this exercise is to use css only.

for next time, use one of the two following options to make your code/indent is visible (it wasn't full visible now):

select your code and press ctrl + shift + c (or cmd + shift + c if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard