7. Swinging from branch to branch

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/1/3?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b#

I can't get past this stage. I think there must be a bug. Anyone else having this problem?

I have tried:
ul li a {
text-decoration: none;
font-family: Cursive;
}

and

li a {
font-family: Cursive;
}

, since the ul is not so essential for the task.

The error message states "Oops, try again. It looks like you accidentally removed the text-decoration from the link outside the unordered list."

I agree that there seems to be a bug. Here's the Submission Correctness Test for that exercise:

$e('body > a').to.have.css('text-decoration','underline',"It looks like you accidentally removed the text-decoration from the link outside the unordered list.");
$e('li > a').to.have.css('text-decoration','none',"Did you remember to set the text-decoration of all the links inside the unordered list to none;?");

Your code meets these requirements. And no combination of body > a and li > a set to none or underline that I input seems to pass.

I've followed the hints in both IE and chrome, and only Chrome rejects the answer.
I'd suggest the next time you have a solution, that you feel should work, run it in another browser.

exactly same problem

The above is close to being correct except for one thing... cursive is a generic family group and not a proper name, so is not capitalized. Try,

li a {
    font-family: cursive;
}

I see many people have hit the same problem as I did. It's not just this question, I've been having question issues on other questions. Any solution or fix?

We are not connected to the CC engineering/course creation side, only volunteers on the public forum. The older tracks are showing signs of bugginess that cannot be explained. Sorry I cannot tell you any more than that.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.