7. same error msg keeps popping up

I enter the following code:
li a {
font-family: cursive;
text-decoration: none;
}

I get the following error msg..."Oops, try again. It looks like you accidentally removed the text-decoration from the link outside the unordered list. "

I cannot see where I have gone wrong here. The presence of the word "li" outside of the brackets should prevent this from happening. Any thoughts?

no, it should not. in both unordered and ordered list you have `list tags:

<ol>
  <li>item</li>
  <li>item</li>
  <li>item</li>
</ol>
<ul>
  <li>item</li>
  <li>item</li>
  <li>item</li>
</ul>

so, only specifying as li a css selector will not work, since ol and ul have list tags (this example contains no links)

Many thanks for your help...unfortunately there is still a problem. There are no ordered lists in this exercise, but even when I do specify the link within the unordered lists like this...

ul li a {
text-decoration: none;
}

...I still get the same error msg.

works fine, refresh the page or try a different browser. Could be your browser is sending cached data (which contans li a to cocademy server)

Back On Skype.. I was out sorry Been Busy

Tried Internet explorer (this one was firefox)...same issue. Also tried deleting the cache from my browser, no luck. Also tried deleting text-decoration altogether...
ul li a {
}
....same error msg claiming I had "removed the text decoration from the link outside the list" even though there was no command for text-decoration at all anywhere.

Also, even when i include the text decoration command, only the text within the ul turned cursive. How could only the internal text turn cursive but ALL text lose its decoration? Both commands were within the same set of brackets.

That is superweird, i am out of ideas. I am afraid you need to report a bug something

Ok thanks for your help anyway.