7 More Link Attributes

Hi I'm stuck with this new exercice below. The instructions says: "
In the link that reads Learn More, add the target attribute and set it equal to _blank.
I did it but it still not working so I require your help to understand where did I make a mistake.

Thanks

Animals Around the World

The Brown Bear

The brown bear (Ursus arctos) is native to parts of northern Eurasia and North America. Its conservation status is currently "Least Concern." There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.

Learn More
    The following are subspecies of bears:
  • Arctos

• Collarus

• Horribilis

• Nelsoni (extinct)

The following countries have the largest populations of brown bears:
  1. Russia

2. United States

3. Canada

Can you post your code not as one would see on the website but as in the coding window where you can see all the and etc.

Humm that's weird because I copied and pasted the code part and it
apparently appeared as a text...

Animals Around the World

The Brown Bear

The brown bear (Ursus arctos) is native to parts of northern Eurasia
and North America. Its conservation status is currently "Least Concern."
There are many subspecies within the brown bear species, including the
Atlas bear and the Himalayan brown bear.

Learn More

The following are subspecies of bears:
  • Arctos

• Collarus

• Horribilis

• Nelsoni (extinct)

The following countries have the largest populations of brown bears:
  1. Russia

2. United States

3. Canada

Instead of pasting it with ` around it try just pasting the code in as is and that might show it up as just code

Humm that's weird because I copied and pasted the code part and it apparently appeared as a text...

Can I send it to you by email?

Thanks

You can message it through the site just hit my username and you should be able to message me. I just complete this lesson a few hours ago so it is still fresh in my brain thankfully lol

Yes ok let me look at it! :smiley: and of course anyone else that might chim in haha

Ok, compared to my code and the example I do not see a problem.... try directly copying and pasting the code from the example except with Learn More in it or use this. Not sure of anything else that it could be...

<a href= "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_bear" target="_blank">Learn More</a>

It works :wink:))! Woot woot Thanks

Glad to have been of help! Happy coding! :smiley:

@bibleman13, for future reference, you can refer people who are wondering how to post their code over to this topic:

@methodrunner84716, you were seeing an error message because of the value that you used for your target attribute. The extra space characters in the first string are unexpected for a target value.

" _blank "
"_blank"

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.