7-4 Wrong Instruction

bug-instructions
bug-composer
python

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/python-beginner-c7VZg/1/3?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096

Hi again,

Replace the ___s with the parameters base and exponent and call power on a base of 37 and a power of 4.

It is not power. It has to be called exponent.

Replace the ___s with the parameters base and exponent and call power on a base of 37 and a exponent of 4.

Best.
Go on!!!

What is the difference between an exponential function and a power function? Only where the independent variable is placed in the function.

x ** c   => power function
c ** x   => exponential function

The term power can still apply in general. x raised to the c power or c raised to the x power.

So in the instructions as they apply, either term is appropriate, with no has to.

Okay. I understand why to confuse with different terms, but so i think this is a UI issue.
Variables and code parts are always stated as grey. So it is just normal to assume power as variable instead of exponent.

So better to show the instruction like this?

Replace the ___s with the parameters base and exponent and call power on a base of 37 and a power of 4.

I mean, you already preset > result = base**exponent

Best!

I'm going to move this post to the Platform category for further review of the instructions. Thanks for your input.

Thank you for your patience!