6. Show a destination 6/9 - destinations controller is not generating

Hey there,

Even though I created the controller in the bash ( my code: rails generate controller Destinations ) and the first part of the exercise appears to be complete, the controller itself does not appear to exist in the controllers folder. Meanwhile, I get held up in the second part of the exercise. Please see screenshot below.

I've tried resetting the exercise and re-writing the code, refreshing the page, and still get the same result.
Can anyone help me figure out what's going on? Did I miss a step or is there a bug here?

Thanks!

Hi @marmar,

This looks like a bug, what does the full error message say? If it says something about “TZInfo”, “time_zone.rb”, or something similar please report it to the staff using the form below the instructions, then try this solution and let me know if it works:

Thanks, @zystvan!

It does appear to be a time zone error:

/home/ccuser/.gem/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.1.1/lib/active_support/values/time_zone.rb:285: warning: circular argument reference - now

I'll report it to the staff and try out that solution :slight_smile:

Hi @zystvan,

I got the following error when I tried adding gem 'tzinfo-data' to the Gemfile:

[31mCould not find gem 'tzinfo-data' in any of the gem sources listed in your Gemfile.

When I checked the Gemfile.lock, I saw that 'tzinfo' exists but not 'tzinfo-data'. However, when I then tried adding gem 'tzinfo', I just got the same timezone error again. So I'm not sure how to fix this other than allowing Codecademy to jut finish off the problem and fill in the answers for me :unamused:

Thanks for your help though!

@marmar Sorry for the inconvenience, I wish I had other ideas to help you solve it :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.