6. it says inside the head element include the linke element for the custom font?

<head>
    <link href="http://s3.amazonaws.com/codecademy-content/courses/ltp/css      /shift.css" rel="stylesheet">
    </link>
  </head>

it says inside the head element include the linke element for the custom font ????
HELP

Exercises 6. and 8. - Common problems

You have a bunch of spaces in that URL -- those are breaking it.

Also, what happened to the link to your main.css file. Without that link, how will your index.html know to look at all your CSS rules?

this is the part that gives my problems

.jumbotron h1 {
color: #fff;
font-family: 'Shift', sans-serif;
font-size: 52px;
font-weight: Bold;
}
what is wrong with this??
how do i put a link to the main.css

In what way does it give you problems?

If you look back at any of the previous exercises in this section then you should be able to see it there.

i've read all the previous chapters but i;m sure that none of all the previous explains how to do it

i've come this far already , i think i must have missed that explanation or the example of how to do it

so can you maybe explain te me how to write a link that refers to the main.css from the index.html

If you look in exercise 5. Jumbotron: Paragraph, are you telling me that you don't have a link to your main.css file?

<head>
    <link href="main.css" rel="stylesheet">
  </head>

yeah oke i seen that one

but i guess the problem lies int the instructions where there is a link to a custom font which just don't wants to work with my editor

I wonder why that is happening? Your shift.css link would be fine if you just took out those extra spaces. Here is the link you need, without all the spaces:

<link href="http://s3.amazonaws.com/codecademy-content/courses/ltp/css/shift.css" rel="stylesheet">

That should be in your "main.css" file,just link it to "index.html" inside the head tag,it should work

4 posts were split to a new topic: 6. Can't seem to find the problem