6 gif diff at 55%

This is what I have typed and I can't get past #2.... Tell me what I'm doing wrong !!!!

Harry Programmer and the Sorcerer’s Code: Scene 1

git scene-1.txt
Dumblediff: I should've known you would be here, Professor McGonagit.
git diff
q

just saw your code, well you need to
git diff scene-1.txt
and just after you see that output you should use q to exit :smile:Hope it helps you!

This is what I get when I type gif diff scene-1.txt

Valid Git commands start with the word "git" followed by a space, then the command name.

well you typed GIF you need to type GIT (lowercase of course)
the code is : git diff scene-1.txt

This is what I have for #1..... I tried to type git diff scene-1.txt but I get an error

git add scene-1.txt Dumblediff: I should've known you would be here, Professor McGonagit.

its not an error that is the output after that you need to hit q and its done, mabye its bugged or something.

This is the error I get when I did this
Valid Git commands start with the word "git" followed by a space, then the command name.

This is what I have so far :

Dumblediff: I should've known you would be here, Professor McGonagit.
git diff scene-1.txt

Don't know how to get past # 2 instructions: ( Haven't seen anything in green) ( what does + have to do with #2)
From the terminal, check the difference between the working directory and the staging area.

Notice the output:

"Harry Programmer and the Sorcerer's Code: Scene 1" is in the staging area, as indicated in white.
Changes to the file are marked with a + and are indicated in green.

IMPORTANT: press q on your keyboard to exit diff mode.

Okay I got past #2 by typing the following in the staging area !!! Yay.... but now it will not let me go to next line to type #3

$ git diff scene-1.txt

this is what I have for the scene-1.txt for #1 Now I need help getting through #3 really bad..... been on this for hours.

git add scene-1.txt Dumblediff: I should've known you would be here, Professor McGonagit.

thanks what you said works! so Thanks again

in order to stage che changes, the command required is:
git add scene-1.txt

i pressed q after the output. it showed another error

I got the same error too, can't get past #1