6. cp II

<PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are asking about.>
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-the-command-line/lessons/manipulation/exercises/cp-ii?action=lesson_resume

<Below this line, describe in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
The exercise will not let me go forward. I am in the comedy directory and it does not recognize that.

<Below this line, add a screenshot of your whole web browser so that we can see what you see.>

Have tried doing a refresh Browser using the F5-keyboard-function-key
CTRL f5 ( if on Windows or Linux)
CMD r ( if on a MAC).

Thanks but that unfortunately doesn’t fix the issue.

Have you tried to do all of the instructions of this exercise in 1 go…

Had the same problem. For some reason it made me navigate to the comedy/ directory using the given line of code (cd …/…/comedy). To do this, I first navigated to the historical/ directory (where the last exercise ended) and then used the code given in the instructions.

Thank you lt_luna. I tried your suggestion by first typing in the given code (cd …/ …/comedy) which didn’t work, then just cut and paste from the instructions and it worked. This seems like a bug. At least I’m moving on!

thanks for the suggestion!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.