6/12 Need Help

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-JwhI1/1/2?curriculum_id=50a3fad8c7a770b5fd0007a1#

I know that the code is right, but when I try to proceed, I get an error message that says, "Unable to get property '1' of undefined or null reference", I have absolutely no idea what this means. Is this a problem with my code, or is this a glitch in the system of some sort?

$(document).ready(function(){

$('div').hover(
    function(){
        $(this).addClass('active');
    },
    function(){
        $(this).removeClass('active');
    }
  );

});

That's strange...try resetting your code. Maybe something in the html or css was modified accidental and is causing this error.

I've got the same error Unable to get property '1' of undefined or null reference, how did you resolved?

I'm sorry, it didn't work. Is there anything else you could recommend?

The space, I try much much times, after move some empty lines, it worked.

I had the same issue.
I had removed some extra empty lines to organize it better and got the error, but when I restructured it the way codecademy had it, it worked.

I just tried all the ways you guys said, but it still didn't work. Why?
here's my code.

$(document).ready(function(){

$('div').hover(
    function(){
        $(this).addClass('active');
    },
    function(){
        $(this).removeClass('active');
    }
  );

});

On the screen projector it works.
please tell me why

by the way, why are all the 'h' s highlighted?:slight_smile:

This was an issue before, if you hover over the div's for more than 2 seconds it clears the lesson.

I'm also having this problem, it says that I didn't change my background color, well, it didn't ask to...

Code looks good, my issue was when I clicked "save and submit" I wasn't doing EXACTLY what the page was telling me regarding the hover and curser placement. try looking towards the bottom and do exactly what it says.

This is the solution. Hover over the div until the text at bottom says, "Please move your mouse out of the div."

Thank you! You solved it!