6/11 Pop Quiz- It returns 'empty' instead of original input

<PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>

<In what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
There was no error message but it returns 'empty" even the input is an alphabetical word.

<What do you expect to happen instead?>
It should return the original input if it’s correct. Please help me see what’s wrong with my code.

```python

Replace this line with your code.

<do not remove the three backticks above>

here:

if len(empty_string) > 0

why do you use empty_string? The exercise never asks for this variable, and this string is indeed empty, so the length is zero, so the condition if condition evaluates to false

Thanks! so it should work if replace it with if len(original)?

that is the question, i know the answer. But you should be the one answering it. You should be understanding what this change/replacing does and what it means. That is the whole concept of programming, which is why i didn’t just tell you want to do. This way, hopefully you will learn more then if i have just had told you that you had do x.

Nah, I’m having the same problem. It just keeps returning “empty” regardless of the word

your code might have a different issue, but you didn’t provide code, you hijacked a topic which is a violation of the guidelines, you might have a very different issue, if you want help, please provide more info/context and code, so we can actually help you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.