5 who's in your brackets - Qui est à vos crochets langage problem?

Hello everyone,

I already looked inside most topics about that exercise, my code looks " right " to me, I tried to change unePropriete by aProperty too ( so I tried with the English code cause sometimes this is what works). I'd like to add that i'm doing the course in french. I already refreshed my browser, did reset my code in the exercise numerous times and such.

Thanks for helping.

Bonjour tout le monde,

J'ai déjà lu la plupart de posts sur cet exercice, mon code me semble juste. J'ai essayé d'utiliser le code en anglais ( aProperty au lieu de unePropriete), j'ai déjà essayé de rafraichir ma page plusieurs fois, de delete la progression de l'exercice en cours mais rien n'y fait.

Auriez vous une solution ? Merci.

https://www.codecademy.com/fr/courses/javascript-beginner-fr-FR-y2vdo/0/5?curriculum_id=5355c2b7516bcbd912000008#

I'm unable to get the validation to work, it won't says that the code is good.

The error message is : Oups, merci de réessayer. Avez-vous utilisé la variable 'unePropriete' entre apostrophes ? ( whoops, try again. Have you used the variable 'aProperty' between quotes ? ).

var james = {
    job: "programmer",
    married: false
};

// set to the first property name of "james"
var unePropriete = "job";

// print the value of the first property of "james" 
// using the variable "aProperty"
console.log(james[unePropriete]);

Hi the thing is that when you change language you will sometime have these problems
if you look close to the comment in your code

//set to the first property name of "james"

print the value of the first property of "james" 
//using the variable "aProperty"

you will see that it's wrote in English so your code should be written in English too. and in the french version its jules instead of james

Hope that could help you

Thanks a lot, I guess when you do many little exercises sometimes you just mix up things or such.
It worked of course, sorry for making a topic about such a thing ^^'...

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.