5. The story heats up - SyntaxError

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/javascript-beginner-en-x9DnD/0/5?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661#

I am getting "SyntaxError: missing before statement" in the below code. Does anyone know why?

var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");
if (userAnswer==="yes") {
    (console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!"));
    }
else {
    (console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'"));
}

In your else you have (console.log(".........") not console.log(".........")

Thank you. However I have already tried with and without parentheses (as I think both should be ok), but the SyntaxError persists.

If you have any other idea, that would be great. Many thanks!

Can you post all your code so I can see?

// Check if the user is ready to play!
confirm("I am ready to play!")
var age = prompt("What's your age?")
if (age < 13) {
(console.log("You are allowed to play but we take no responsibility"))
}
else {
(console.log("Play on!"))
}
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'")
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'"))
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");
if (userAnswer==="yes") {
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
}
else {
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

Thanks!

Btw everything prior to the last code has been accepted as correct, so not sure why it is showing as wrong now.

(userAnswer==="yes") try (userAnswer === "yes") and with your console.log try () not()) and put ;

I thought I had tried all those changes, but now when I did it it all worked! Thank you very much!

Cool glad I could help

Please can some one help me out with these codes because have been battling with it for week now

its saying i have a syntax error " Oops, try again.Did you add an if statement to your code?"

var userAnswer
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'")
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'")
userAnswer=prompt ("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");
if
(userAnswer === yes)
{
console.log ("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
} else
{
console.log ("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")};

Hi do you still have the if statement that check for the age?

can you help me with mine as well am getting "Oops, try again.
Did you add an if statement to your code?"

var userAnswer
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'")
userAnswer=prompt ("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");
if
(userAnswer === yes)
{
console.log ("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
} else
{
console.log ("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")};

Yes i do Wizmarco,

var age=
prompt ("what's your age?");
if ("age is < 13")
{
console.log("you are not allowed to play but i take no responsibility")
}
else
{
console.log("wow!! Play on")
}

first this

var age=
prompt ("what's your age?");

should be like that

var age= prompt ("what's your age?");

then inside the if statement you should remove the " " around age is < 13 and then change age is by just age like that

if (age < 13)

Wizmarco thanks for that, but with or without the quotes it worked. Well guess i have to be more careful next time. #smiles#