5.Logical operators

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/javascript-beginner-en-ZA2rb/0/5?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661#

Hi, I'm having trouble finding whats wrong with my code. The error message says unexpected identifier and I would really appreciate it if you guys could point out whats wrong with my code.

var user = prompt("You are dribbling down the basketball court and you have three options, shoot, pass or drive for the lay up ").toUpperCase();
switch(user) {
    case 'Shoot':
        var shooter = prompt("Are you good at shooting?(YES or NO)").toUpperCase();
        var space = prompt("Are you in a good position to shoot?").toUpperCase()
        if(shooter === 'YES' || space === 'YES'){
        console.log("Swish")
        }else{
            console.log("You airball the shot")
        }
        break;
    case 'Pass':
        var passing = prompt("Are you good at passing?(YES or NO)").toUpperCase();
        var opposition = prompt("Is there any opposition between your teammate and you?").toUpperCase()
        if(passing === 'YES'&& opposition === 'NO'){
        console.log("Your team mate makes a 3-pointer");
        }else{
            console.log("The other team make the interception and get the ball");
        }
        break;
    case 'Drive for the lay-up':
        var drive = prompt("Are you good at making lay-ups?(YES or NO)").toUpperCase();
        var lay up = prompt("Is there anyone in your way?").toUpperCase();
        if(drive === 'YES' || lay up === 'NO'){
            console.log("You make the basket!")
        }else{
        console.log("You get blocked just under the basket");
        }
        break;
    default:
    console.log("Thats not one of the options");}

change this case toPASS and not Pass

and also change this case,

toDRIVE FOR THE LAY-UP and not Drive for the lay-up because the first line of your code takes user input and changes all characters to upper case characters,

Hi,
Thanks for the help, I made the changes you suggested but the error message stills says unexpected identifier. Do you have any idea why this might be?

Your first case as well needs to be SHOOT and not Shoot all in all it should look something like,

var user = prompt("You are dribbling down the basketball court and you have three options, shoot, pass or drive for the lay up ").toUpperCase();
switch(user) {
    case 'SHOOT':
        var shooter = prompt("Are you good at shooting?(YES or NO)").toUpperCase();
        var space = prompt("Are you in a good position to shoot?").toUpperCase()
        if(shooter === 'YES' || space === 'YES'){
        console.log("Swish")
        }else{
            console.log("You airball the shot")
        }
        break;
    case 'PASS':
        var passing = prompt("Are you good at passing?(YES or NO)").toUpperCase();
        var opposition = prompt("Is there any opposition between your teammate and you?").toUpperCase()
        if(passing === 'YES' && opposition === 'NO'){
        console.log("Your team mate makes a 3-pointer");
        }else{
            console.log("The other team make the interception and get the ball");
        }
        break;
    case 'DRIVE FOR THE LAY-UP':
        var drive = prompt("Are you good at making lay-ups?(YES or NO)").toUpperCase();
        var lay_up = prompt("Is there anyone in your way?").toUpperCase();
        if(drive === 'YES' || lay_up === 'NO'){
            console.log("You make the basket!")
        }else{
        console.log("You get blocked just under the basket");
        }
        break;
    default:
    console.log("Thats not one of the options");
}
}

Thanks that really helped!

You're welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.