5. Jumbotron: paragraphs

I continue to receive the following error: "Set the color of the a elements inside

Make a new CSS rule that selects all a elements nested inside

. Check out the example above.
Set the color to #5a5a5a. [some nav text to call back - Remember what color does]
Set the font-size to 11px
Set the font-weight to bold
Set the padding-top to 14px, and the padding-bottom to 14px
Set the padding-left to 10px, and the padding-right to 10px
Make the text uppercase using text-transform: uppercase;

Please help! Thnx

Help CSS Styling - Jumbatron:Paragraphs

If you show us your code, that will make it easier to help.

Part of my message was cut off...

.nav a {
color: #5a5a5a;
font-size: 11px;
font-weight: bold;
padding-top: 14px;
padding-bottom: 14px;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;
text-transform: uppercase;
}

<div class="nav" {
</div>
.nav a {
color: #5a5a5a;
font-size: 11px;
font-weight: bold;
padding-top: 14px;
padding-bottom: 14px;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;
text-transform: uppercase;
}

Hope it comes through this time...

Sorry. It's not posting. I'm in the trial and I suppose it's not working properly. It's also in Spanish and won't accept language preferences in my profile or in bottom right. I've messaged for help but no reply. Apologies.

There is a button on the toolbar that you can use to format code. I've done this one for you.

Did you write this code in your main.css file?

That bit of code there is HTML code, and as such, does not belong in your CSS file.

Do you see what I mean?

I don't have a toolbar. I see tabs and have been entering my code where it allows. I suppose this trial package is not working properly. (It also loses track of what I've completed.) Thank you anyway. I'll try again later.

I have no idea what this means. All of these exercises are available to everyone.

In this forum's editor you have a toolbar.

The </> button allows your to format code as text.

About that part, you have two files that you can write code in. One is for HTML only and it is called index.html, the second is for your CSS code and is called main.css. Do you see those?

yes but the instructions (in Spanish) keep telling me to frame it as such and specifically in the main.css tab. $19.99/month is what i see - after unit 2 or 3. yes, this one is free. i guess there's no help desk. i'd like it in English!

i do not have a toolbar like that. i've realized there are two tabs - one for index.html and one for main.css. the instructions specifically state "In the main.css: ..."

That is strange, if the language switcher at the bottom doesn't fix that then I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Yes, good, and I hope that is where you put the code that you've shown me -- except for those first two lines -- they are HTML code and can't be in the CSS file.

Why do i continue to receive this error message: ¡Uy! Probá otra vez. Set the color of the a elements inside

to #5a5a5a LOL

Oh, the tool bar is in the MESSAGE BOX! Ok, now i see the tool bar in the msg box.

Did you get rid of these two lines yet?

<div class="nav" {
</div>

A post was merged into an existing topic: 5. Jumbotron: paragraphs

Yes. They're gone from my main.CSS tab. When does index.html and main.css interface?

To keep things tidy we keep all of our CSS rules in the main.css file. Then we include a link to it in our index.html file. You should see that link near the top, in the head element.