5. Check Yourself... Some More

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-python/lessons/pyglatin/exercises/check-yourself-some-more?action=lesson_resume

<In what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
Each time i run my code it inputs ‘SCT’ into my Enter a word space on the interface and i cannot see why

<What do you expect to happen instead?>
what i expected to happen was for it to let my input a word into the Enter a word: space to set the variable ‘original’

here is my code

print 'Welcome to the Pig Latin Translator!'

# Start coding here!
original = raw_input("Enter a Word: ")
if len(original) > 0 and original.isalpha():
  print original
else:
  print 'Empty'

here is the output on my interface

Welcome to the Pig Latin Translator!
Enter a word: SCT

hi
i have the same problem with exercise 4.check yourself

Mine did the SCT thing a while. What i did was just change original =“Gunnar” (or som other randome word), after i did this i completed the task. But now I cant seem to type anything into the consol now. no errors or anything, I just cant type anything no mater how har i try

update:
Nope, now Im back to the SCT thing. seems like there is a bug regarding the raw_input command

I also have the same problem at chapter 5 (Check Yourself… Some More). I have already tried anything, but unsuccessfully :expressionless: It sounds stupid, but one thing that only hepled me, that I tried to write word faster than interpreter wrote “SCT”. Only in this way I was able to click “Next”. It’s likely to be a bug.

I have the same issue and it take a reaaaal long time to charge between each ‘Run’ … Codecademy developpers will probably fix it soon ( I hope :slight_smile: )
EDIT I get able to click on Next after running the program several times and then they offer me to click on ‘Get code’ or ‘Keep trying’ and I hit ‘Get code’

guys i am stuck can someone help me fix my problem

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.