5/9 Is this whole section buggy, or is it just me?

I don't know if it's just me being bad at coding, but for this entire section I have had trouble with the "attached" file not being able to be found, or needs to be refreshed, or initialized manually or something along those lines. Am I the only one having these problems? If others are, please share what you are experiencing, thank you!

Always receiving "Oops, try again. Sorry, but I'm gonna need you to refresh the page! Don't worry your code is saved." error

I can't even advance from this exercise because even after I refresh, it comes right back with the same error. Can someone lend me a hand please.

UPDATE: I was able to get passed by deleting a period from the text.txt file

what does your code look like now because it keeps happening to me.

never mind it is good now.

I encountered this same issue and resolved it the same way - deleting the period at the end of the third line in the .txt file. Out of curiosity, how did you figure out that the period in the .txt tab was causing the problem?

I think it's not the specific period at the end, any modification of text.txt will resolve the problem.
I guess changing the text.txt file is key here and somehow forces the page to recognise the file.

Seeing this same problem again. Please help?

resolved thank you :slightly_smiling:

To expand on what @rubycoder53378 said: I feel that maybe just because of the fact that it's integrated through codecademy it's not working as a normal python file would. But that's just my thoughts.

Thanks you're a life saver

could you post your code please

What code specifically?

@nickgrimes50 Sorry, im reading the whole thread. Was this lesson resolved by modifying the text.txt file itself or within the code?

Ahh I now realized the error in my ways:

my_file = open("text.txt", "r")
print my_file.readline()
print my_file.readline()
print my_file.readline()
my_file.close()

I had to delete text.txt's contents and then rewrite them and then submit it 5 times before it would pass it.

This section is really buggy.

@mtf what are your thoughts on this ^^

yeah I don't know if admin's are aware of this, but I feel like it really needs some attention..

CC is aware of this issue and are addressing it. In the meantime, there are workarounds posted in the forums.

come to text.txt and insert a space line in the end of file :))

Adding extra lines in "text.txt" really works for the problem