5/7 help with code

Hello
this is my code, it works fine but if i choose any answer on the last question its always true, how do i change that??

confirm("Are you ready to play?");
var age = prompt("What's your age");
if (age < 13)
{
console.log("You are to young to play, we are not responsible for any ruined underwear");
}
else
{
console.log("Play On");
}
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

if (userAnswer= true){

console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!")

}else{
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")
}

First of all, semi colons after your console.logs. Just "=" means "change to" in coding. "===" means "equal to". Try changing the equal sign over there. Also, I don't know if people will actually put "yes" or "no" instead of "true"...

Oh yeah and that's weird.(In a good way) :smiley:

I've imagined that if bieber was in the story it should be a horror movie haha .
One more thing..
They dont ask for this but how do I make the computer knows when the answer is "No" and when the answer is "Yes"?

Thank you so much!

That's an important point, prompt returns always strings so even if you enter true what is stored in userAnswer is rather "true" which can lead to a problem as true and "true" are equal by value, so true == "true" would work but "true" === true would fail (=== checks types as well and here they are boolean vs string). So either use == to comparet them instead of === (= is not an option :smile: ) or use strings all the way like e.g. yes or no in your condition.

@marianogiusto I guess you tell the computer by storing it in userAnswer and using it in an if statement or what do you mean by this?

@haxor789 I mean that if the user answer is "No" i want that to work as a "False"

As said you do this by adjusting your condition e.g.

if(userAnswer == "yes"){
    do stuff
}
else if(userAnswer =="no"){
    do other stuff
}
else{
  console.log("Please answer with 'yes' or 'no'");
}

haha I thought it was going to be more complicated.

Thank you so much for the help =)

Thanks its working,Great help!