5/6 help i dont understand why this wont work

console.log("An evil wizard called moldywart destryoed the human kingdom, killing thousands, the rest of the human race voweled to hunt down and kill the witches and wizards aswell as other beasts");

days = 0

var user = prompt('would you like to be a witch, wizard, technician, witch hunter, vampire or werewolf?').toUpperCase();

if(user == 'vampire' || user == 'werewolf') {
console.log("in order to survive you must play smart and     team up with other werewolves and vampires as both the         witches and wizards, aswell as the humans want you dead);

}
else {
console.log("work with the other members of your team to complete your goal");
}
switch(user) {
case 'wizard':
console.log("Brilliant, your goal is to survive and restore peace to the world, your allies are the witches");
if(day == 0 && day < 1) {
console.log("This is the first day of your journey, your goal is to survive and attempt to resolve the conflict")
}
else {
console.log("not working")
}
break;
case 'witch':
console.log("Brilliant, your goal is to survive and restore peace to the world, your allies are the wizards");
console.log("This is the first day of your journey, your goal is to survive and attempt to resolve the conflict")
}
else {
}
break;
case 'technician':
console.log("you develop machinery and new technology to assist the witch hunters and possibly hunt them yourself");
console.log("This is the first day of your journey, your goal is to create weaponry for the witch hunters")
}
else {
}
break;
case 'witch hunter':
console.log("you use advanced tools and weaponry provided by the technicians to hunt down the witches, wizards and other beasts");
console.log("This is the first day of your journey, your goal is to kill all witches and wizards, aswell as other beasts")
}
else {
}
break;
case 'vampire':
console.log("you and the werewolf are on your own, you can team up as allies and must turn everyone else into a beast, you are hated by all")
console.log("This is the first day of your journey, your goal is to survive and spread the vampiric disease")
}
else {
}
break;
case 'werewolf':
console.log("you and the vampire are on your own, you can team up as allies and must turn everyone else into a beast, you are hated by all")
console.log("This is the first day of your journey, your goal is to survive and spread the werewolf disease")
}
else {
}
break;
default:
console.log("you will be randomly assigned a role then");
}

Above is my whole code, but i believe it is the following lines that are not working

var user = prompt('would you like to be a witch, wizard, technician, witch hunter, vampire or werewolf?').toUpperCase();

if(user == 'vampire' || user == 'werewolf') {
console.log("in order to survive you must play smart and     team up with other werewolves and vampires as both the         witches and wizards, aswell as the humans want you dead);

}
else {
console.log("work with the other members of your team to complete your goal");
}

If i use one = sign to compare what the user inputted, it says invalid left hand assignment, if i use more than one = sign, it says im using an Invalid token

Kind of hard to read :smile: So I just had a quick look, but here's what I notice

You're converting what the user enters to uppercase but the strings in your switch statement are all lower case. Also I think you've made a mistake with variable days and then your check is for day

yeah sorry about the legibility, ill go see if that was the problem thankyou :smiley:

yeah its still coming up with an invalid left hand assignment, i believe its not accepting the = sign values in the small segment of code i attempted to separate

I think the problem is that you call method "toUpperCase()" for you variable and you use in switch case lower char. Try to use (user == 'VAMPIRE' || user == 'WEREWOLF')

switch(user){
case 'VAMPIRE'

}

or
remove ..toUpperCase() from your var user =....