5/11

Can anybody help me with this as i am unsure where i have gone wrong and do not know how to correct it
Thanks in advance

You need to override your class's __init__, currently you are using the default one which does not take arguments.

Ok, could you please explain how to do this as i am unsure on how to do this
Thanks for your help

Add an __init__ method to your class

Ok thank you for your help

Did you get it sorted out? I'm very intentionally avoiding telling you why what you have is incorrect and exactly how to fix it - I much prefer to lead your own reasoning a bit, I realize that can be a little frustrating at times, so I wanna make sure that you're not giving up on me :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha i am halfway there now i only have this error coming up:

No, nope, that's half a step further away!

So the issue is that you have not added __init__ to your class. Right. That is why it falls back on object.__init__ as you can tell from your first error message.

You have something called __init__.. Why is it not recognized as part of the class? Which part of your code is in the class, where does the class end?

Not sure why my code passed and yet there's still a syntax error in the output, even after I refreshed the browser.

On line 7 cancel the word "def".
Then cancel line 9, 10, 11.

I admire your approach to helping people, but I have the exact same code as OP and am completely lost

I honestly don't know the answers to any of these questions; I don't even know where to start in answering them.

I follow your order but not work for me

Watch your indentation.

class Car(object):
    condition = "new"
    def __init__(self, model, color, mpg):
        self.model = model
        self.color = color
        self.mpg = mpg
my_car = Car("DeLorean", "silver", 88)
print my_car.model
print my_car.color
print my_car.mpg